IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished yesterday out of Depoe on a flat ocean and nice weather. Started off at gov. point and then ran north to see what the bite was like up there. Ling cod bite seemed slow every where we went but still managed 3 of these perfect size lings for the 2 of us. We came up a little short of rockfish limits but had quite a mixed bag of fish in the box-- black, blues, canaries and Quillback. Quit fishing about 1 pm with a nice box of heavily iced fish(y)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thats a nice catch
There sure is a mixed bag these days
With lots of canary's and quillbacks

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Nice catch. It's wonderful to have a nice day on the ocean! Plus you have some good eats

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Nice work Ray glad to hear it trying to be committed to not fishing I put so much fish away I literally can’t give it all away so doing my best to keep eaten

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
Fished yesterday out of Garibaldi and we got our 18 sea bass in short order. Moved to the ling spot and ling’s were slower? Kept one and released two. Caught 5 really nice cabezons all released. Picked up the pots on the way in and we pulled 33 keepers for three pots.
Crab was the surprise of the trip. All nice and full. You can tell it’s still commercial season as all crabs were good by an 1/8th” or just under an 1/8th”
Good ocean and bar. Good times with a couple of friends.
This was my first trip on the salt since having back surgery a couple months ago. Felt it this morning with fatigued hips and legs. Packaging fish and cracking crab today. Back to springers on the Willamette Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fished yesterday out of Garibaldi and we got our 18 sea bass in short order. Moved to the ling spot and ling’s were slower? Kept one and released two. Caught 5 really nice cabezons all released. Picked up the pots on the way in and we pulled 33 keepers for three pots.
Crab was the surprise of the trip. All nice and full. You can tell it’s still commercial season as all crabs were good by an 1/8th” or just under an 1/8th”
Good ocean and bar. Good times with a couple of friends.
This was my first trip on the salt since having back surgery a couple months ago. Felt it this morning with fatigued hips and legs. Packaging fish and cracking crab today. Back to springers on the Willamette Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Pearl---- we turned a couple Cabbies loose too, we probably wont catch any after 1st of july.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice work Ray glad to hear it trying to be committed to not fishing I put so much fish away I literally can’t give it all away so doing my best to keep eaten

I hear ya Jon-- we still have a little halibut in the freezer from last year but we have the salmon and bottom fish used up. I have some fresher bottom fish in there now after a few trips this spring. Near shore opening this weekend should be fun if the forecast holds.Its the good time of year with all the fishin seasons comin at us.

·
Premium Member
17,590 Posts
Oh lord, Saturday is the first day of near shore halibut. I was toying with the idea of trying it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts