IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully going to be heading out soon on the Clackamas or Eagle Creek for some silver's. This is a first for me so I just had a quick question about line preference. Do most of you guys use a full 8-20lb mono setup, 20-50lb tuff-line/Power pro with an 8-20lb mono leader or 20-50lb tuff-line/power pro strait to your spinner?
Thanks
Jesse

·
Registered
405 Posts
I use 10lb. line and dont be in a hurry to go to Eagle Creek until it rains, There are very few fish and have had no biters as of yet.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
This time of the year (until the river comes up with rain) I will fish 6 - 8 lb Trilene XT mono on my spinner rod and 8 - 10lb mono on my drift fishing rod. Maxima Chamelian. Yes I have caught 12 - 15 lb silvers on 6 lb line in low water without too much difficulty getting them in.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
10# test Trilene Big Game in the green.

Have tested it's strenth against other lines a couple years ago on the Trilene knot tester and it was supperior by far to all the name brand lines we tried. Not to mention I caught close to 250-300 coho the last two years in SW Washington (which included a 23# coho) and mostly using Big Game.
Tried Izorline which is good line but went back to Big Game. Can't go wrong with it and I have complete confidence in it.

Dano

·
Registered
28 Posts
12 pound Maxima ultra-green mainline with 10 pound ultra-green leader. A bunch of fishing buddies and myself all use ultra-green, great line.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I break out my steelhead rod/reel set-up. 10lb. Ultr-Green and 8lb. Ultra-Green leader. Nothin' special.

Good luck! :grin:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I run 50 pound tuff line with about 15 foot of 10 or 12 pound maxima for a bumper, and then 8 or 10 pound test maxima leader. Attach the mono bumper to your tuff line with a uni knot. I never like to run the tuff line directly to my swivel or you may break fish off or straighten hooks as it has very little if any stretch. I use this set up both casting spinners and drift fishing and it has worked exceptionally well for me. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts