IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would throw a report out to you guys if you want to shake some of those civil war cobwebs out tomrrow you might want to head to the coast for some crab/clam action! :grin:

We got 3 crab limits out of Hammond in about 1 hour, drove back to my moms house in Gearheart and cooked the crab and watched some of the civil war. After the crab was done we went down to the beach and got 5 limits of razor clams in about 35 minutes... and that is sharing 3 guns! :grin:

I can forsee a great seafood stew in my future!

Oh I almost forgot... WAY TO GO DUCKS! :dance: :dance:

FYI we did not use any Carrot Milk for the clams :tongue: :wink:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,157 Posts
Congrats. Perfect way to spend a Saturday. Football and excellent food.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the report. I was hoping to get out Monday am. What time were you there, and how bad was the current? I assume you went toward B20 or so. Am I ok using fish or am I better off with fowl to avoid seals tearing up my traps?

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Awesome!

Kinda cold for me the light weight to get out and do something constructive but makes it tempting.

Surprised by the report.
Thought with all the recent rain that the crabbing might have dropped off.

Would you be interested in trading some razors for some fresh silvers? :grin:

Dano

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We actually got there just at high slack as we thought the tide was later so we just crabed slack and the first half-hour of outgoing.

Sorry, but no thanks on the trade... I have too much salmon as well

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Hey 5-Cents,

You should have dipped your clam guns in carrot milk. You would have gotten your limits in about 15 minutes I figure.
:grin:
SKP

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Anyone braving this cold to get some of those great clams is a true sportsman. I keep procrastinating but have not been to the coast for well over two months. I have no clams, have caught no fish in six months. Time to get out and just do it.

Hats off to those who do.

·
Administrator
119,499 Posts
...and this is why it is called the time of Harvest!
:smile:
Salmon, crabs, clams, oh my!
Turkey? What turkey?
:dance:
Jen

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Jennie you forgot the geese, Salmon,crabs,clams and geese oh my! :smile:

Fishalot

·
Registered
348 Posts
me and a buddy limited on geese today. Go Team Potato :grin: :wink: :tongue: :grin:

[ 12-01-2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Steelhead Hound ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts