IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an Oregon resident with an Oregon fishing license. A friend invited me to go fishing with him, a Washington resident licensed fisherman, in his boat. We will be launching from a Washington ramp. Do I need a Washington license if I am fishing the Columbia River but launching and returning to a Washington boat ramp or is my Oregon license sufficient?:shrug:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,165 Posts
No, you do not need the WA licence as long as you stay in the Columbia proper and stay out of tribs you are perfectly legal.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
OR license is good in the portion of the Columbia bordered by both Oregon and Washington. It wouldn't work in Richland, WA where both sides of the river are WA.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm an Oregon resident with an Oregon fishing license. A friend invited me to go fishing with him, a Washington resident licensed fisherman, in his boat. We will be launching from a Washington ramp. Do I need a Washington license if I am fishing the Columbia River but launching and returning to a Washington boat ramp or is my Oregon license sufficient?:shrug:
WOW!! That was fast and helpful. Thank you for the replies:bowdown:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Keep in mind there are a few minor differences however. For example, a washington license allows you to fish at night for steelhead while Oregon does not!! If you are going to troll at night you better have a Wa license.

RM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts