IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have family from the Seattle area and this weekend I want to take my nephew fishing for spring chinook. Does he need an Oregon license if I put in on the Oregon side and we fish only the Columbia? I never really have figured this one out. By the way, can I launch on the Washington side with an Oregon license? None of this matters if we don't catch fish but I would really like to know what the case is if we do catch fish. Don't really want to get a ticket. Thanks everyone for the input. :smile:

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
you can launch from oregon with a Wa. lic. as long as you fish and catch in the columbia. Don't go fish in the willamette. Make sure you mark your tally card with the right code for the columbia (if wa. has that?) You also have witnesses that you are fishing in the columbia so you should be fine. You're perfectly legal as far as I know. Heck, I don't see ODFW checkers most of the time anyway.

·
Administrator
41,408 Posts
Either license works in the Columbia, but only on Saturday. The river is closed on Sunday. It doesn't matter which side of the river you launch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.