IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the water around the Lewis river golf course launch deep enough for my 13 foot SmokerCraft Alaskan that has a 25 hp prop? Would I be able to go up or downriver a decent amount before hitting rapids? Is there a certain CFS at which it will become safe for my boat?

I have had my boat at the meat hole before but I want to try somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
With a prop I definitely wouldn’t go up to far past the houses on the Clark side. Downriver you are good till the bend in the river but there are a few swallow spots on the flats below the campground to the big bend. Flow picks up considerably down there so beware if you hook a hot fish that runs down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Also a few snags in the river that could effect your prop although some one with some more recent experience should chime in. I live close but prefer the Columbia. Have not been there this year

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
2,286 Posts
My son has been playing golf up there recently. From what I could see, the launch would be difficult with a prop boat. Not much depth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts