IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine was fishing the lewis saturday down around the auction barn hole when he came upon another group of 3 fishing from a sled that was about 2/3rd's of the way through the hole boondogging when he started to fish the top end. Then the guy that was there fishing the hole started freaking out saying my buddy was fishing his hole..

He proceeded to run his boat into my buddies boat and waving his rod all around screaming how it was his hole...

The guy was fishing out of a Oregon boat that was 17-18ft Alumaweld that has a brownish stripe down the side, center console and a newer Mercury 65 or 90 pump on the back. That buddy of mine got his boat #'s and license plate #'s so he is going to press charges. But my question is does anyone know who this clown is???

These actions are completely rediculous.
Keith :grin:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hopefully, some of our tax dollars will help get this person off of the water.

[ 06-17-2003, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Vinny ]

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Gotta ? What type of charges can be filed? Don't know who it is but some guys think that they own the river or boat ramp for that matter!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
doin't blame it on me as I sold my Alumaweld Sunday, right after the paint dried.

I agree, you have to press charges in situations like this. NO one should be allowed to endanger other peoples lives. Everyone the boat should press charges agains that nut. I am willing to bet it was someone that lives on the river and doesn't like us South of the Columbia River folks.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I would imagine if anything it would be reckless endangerment.
Gotta watch who you try to run over with your boat. There's to many people packing heat to let this guy sit on the gene pool to long.

I know the way the law is worded is that if you feel your life or anothers life is endanger you have the right to use deadly force to protect yourself or them.

Not sure if this was that dangerous but I would imagine if he'd tipped your buddies boat over your buddies life would have been in danger. Where's the line at?? I guess it depends on who is looking at the line in that case, the judge, prosecutor and the jury might all look at the line a little different too.

I'd also be willing to bet that if he'd tipped your buddies boat over, your buddy hit his head on the way in and drown, this scumsucker would be charged with manslaughter.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
snapshot, your comment is a little out of line and besides he said that the guy was from Oregon.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You can probably get him on two counts of hit and run and 2 counts of assult if there were two of you in the boat. Also, If there is damage to the boat take pictures. If the boat was damaged and needed repair get quotes and keep your records. Sounds like you have a good case to file charges.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oregon Marine Board
(Oregon Boating Regulations)

Unsafe operation. (ORS 830.305)

Operation that endangers or would likely endanger a person or property. Example of violation: Your boat wake causes a canoe to nearly capsize.

Reckless operation. (ORS 830.315(1))

It is a crime to operate a boat carelessly in willful disregard of others. Example of violation: You pull a skier through an area where swimmers are present in spite of the boat exclusion buoys.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Press charges and teach this person a lesson. No need for that kind of behavior.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Mr Carp, it was stated with tongue in cheek as I have many fishing friends on the Washington side. I also agree that it was not necessary to point a finger at the landowners. I realized that STLHDRI said it was an Oregon boat. I belive you misread my intent.

Just how did my senseless statement effect you directly? Or are you just looking for incorrectly stated things to jump onto for the sake of argument. IF that is the case, I sorta like that too. Debates are good as they make an old guy like me think again about what it is all about. I am really sorry :blush: and retract my senseless comments.
So with that being said, let's press charges and just go fishing.

Are we becoming to politically correct that we no longer can express out thoughts without offending someone on this board? I hope not.

Even Dave had to withdraw his comments as he made a joke out of the sad situation. Dave, being the true pro that he is will always be politically correct. I am fine with that as he makes his living with the public and what he says really matters. People listen to him because of their respect for him.

There was no malice nor intent to mame anyone, just to rib my friends that live where I want to be. I often just go to another post if I do not like or agree with one I read. Sorta like watching TV, if I don't like what they say or show, I change channels and do not write the station manager.

Really good friendships have started on this site and hopefully that will continue to happen. I would not do anything to hurt another persons feelings, even if accidental. And those that know me know that to be the truth.

* Fish only bite wet hooks*

G

·
As long as you turned the numbers into the Marine Board and the Police, his insurance company should be able to go after them.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
****** is right agian. the numbers will get the culprit into the court room. Your friend will then have to have the guts to file the charges. IF he doesn't, they could close the case without prosicuting the accused.

Have your friend get estimates and persue the damages in court.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
There is no excuse for this type of behavoir by
anyone :mad: .If you were able to get his boat #'s you should press assult charges against him.
He should not be allowed to get away with this he might seriously injure or even kill someone if he does it again.Just contact the sherrif's dept and ask them where to go to do this.Do not allow this jerk to do it again to someone else.
Bob

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hey stlhdrl I live here in Woodland and I'm on the river all the time. Either post his boat numbers (so we all know) or e-mail them to me and I'll keep a lookout for him. We don't need **** like that going on. I wonder, what were his guests doing at this time? Were they trying to stop him or coaching him on. If so they could be in as mush trouble as he.
:mad:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I fish the Lewis two or three days a week. Post those numbers and we can try and call the law when we see him next time. Hope he isn't a ifish member or he will just stay away now that the word is out! They made a law for "road rage". How about "river rage"! I say put a hole in their boat and give 'em something else to think about! "You have a nice day" in other words!
GotZem!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
hey if its against the law to drink and drive a car or a boat why then cant the yuse road rage laws for boats as well! A motor vehicle is anything that moves under the power of a mechanical device.

·
Registered
92 Posts
stlhdr1,

has your friend actually called the police/sheriffs office......you mentioned that he is going to press charges but you didn't say if he actually called.

if he hasn't then he needs to in order to get the ball rolling.

remember ....the reality is "no victim,no crime".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts