IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gordie Gordon (on the right) and myself (on the left) braved the elements yesterday morning and it paid off. Ok, so the elements weren't that bad, but it was wet. Not more than 3min after trolling away from the dock, Gordie hooks and I net a big nook....25lb (had to use the bathroom scale, my digital scale only went to 20lb). Hooked her on a #4 all brass vibrax. The rest of the day resulted in 6 more fish, 3 wild coho 1 of which made off with my lucky spinner(my knot tying wasn't up to par yesterday) and 3 hatchery coho all bonked. All were about 9lb. 2 fish all day on the all brass vibrax, and the other 5 were hooked on rainbow spinners with read beads, and brass blades....the smaller steelhead sized ones. 4 ft leader and 3ft 2oz lead dropper trolling real slow into the current and always making sure that dropper was cozy with the bottom. Not a bad day...7 fish in only 4 hours of fishin.

We've done really well all week on these spinners. 4 fish last saturday, 6 fish thursday, and 7 this saturday.

Here's a pic from yesterday.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
congrats on the fish :cheers:
, And thanks for the helpful info :cheers:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice fish, nice photo, and an informative post.

You talked about "...trolling away from the dock....". I can't think of a "dock" on the Lewis. Where were you? :whazzup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did I say dock? whoops :blush:
I meant launch.....we were down around the mouth an up towards the merge of the forks.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Congrats on the fish!

One thing you stated confuses me, you cleared up the dock issue but what about the spinner? You mentioned 'rainbow spinners with red beads and brass blades.' :shrug: How does that work? Either the blade should be painted rainbow colors or it's all brass. Unless, you're mentioning that the under side of the blade is brass.???? Just confused about that is all.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Nice work boys!! Next week, I'm airstreaming you guys... It was wet out there...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Steelheadslayer.

I guess I should have been a little more clear on my spinner description....but then again...some would say I should say nothing about them at all.

But yes....I did mean the underside of the spinner blade was brass. We tried a rainbow with a chrome underside that produced ZERO fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts