IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THINKING ABOUT RUNNING THE SLED UP THERE FOR SOME SILVERS. HAVE RAN BOTH RIVERS BEFORE--IS THERE ENOUGH WATER? WAS NOT SMART ENOUGH TO CHECK RIVER LEVELS LAST TIME I WENT THERE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

CRAYFIN

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Fellas--how has the fishing been lately? Just got back from hunting and wanted to slay some fin :cheers:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Willametteriveroutlaw,

Any late run silvers showing up in the cow yet?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I got an 8lber right past the mouth of the Toutle(sp?) on Tuesday. I got it on eggs on real light spinner gear...I think it was 10lb test...that was fun.

I was fishing with Curt Carlisle, a WA guide, and Jack Glass and a couple of his buddies. Curt was great. We got four Chinook earlier a bit upriver and then went downriver to try side drifting.

Chinook were a bit dark for my taste. Colonel kept two of the lighter ones, we released the other two and we kept the Coho.

Curt didn't think the Coho were in yet, maybe the next rain.

Brion

[ 10-01-2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: BrionLutz ]

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Don't need any rain for the Cowlitz, only timing.

Caught a few "early strain" Toutle coho (chromers) in the lower Cowlitz a couple weeks ago when I was last up there on wiggler's in a boat and off the bank.

The late strain Cowlitz coho should start showing up any time now within the next few days and probably by the tenth of this month. I'll be done moving out and up there fishing them in a few days. They are aggressive biters and easy to catch. Last year we caught quite a few nice chinooks late by accident that were real bright to chrome while fishing late coho. A later and different chinook run than the earlier run that would be a bit rusty at this point.

Will be catching chrome coho all the way into mid November.

Dan

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
No late silvers as of yesterday on the Lewis but should be someday soon..... Good luck with all the SNAGGERS!!! Fish the meathole with good eggs and you'll catch fish, all you need...
Keith :grin:

3,494 Posts
Fished the Cowlitz n saturday below Blue creek. No silvers yet but managed 6 fish for 3 rods. 5 Kings 15-20 lbs, 4 of which were absolutely chrome and 1 late summer run still in good shape. All fish were caught on eggs.

Good luck to all!

[ 10-06-2003, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: Fish Slapper ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts