IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Silver Creek, if you're going west to Boise, you should consider detouring about 20 miles before Mountain Home with a right hand turn into Anderson Valley Reservoir (hope I remembered that right) and the S.Fk.Boise River. It's all public access below the reseravior for a long ways.

The S.Fk.Boise is likened to the Deschutes but only 1/3rd the size and with more trophy fish. At that time of yeat you might be getting into the salmonfly hatch.

Bad News: That areas' had a series of very bad water years and you might want to make some inquiries to see if the river is still worth fishing. Over on Westfly.com there's guys familiar with that river.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I will be floating a canoe down the Wild & Scenic section of the Missouri River in Montana just after Memorial Day. There are a lot of nice fishing opportunities between Portland and Great Falls and I'm hoping some IFishers might direct me to or comment on a few of them.

Our route east will go through Lewiston, Id. and along Hwy 12 by the Clearwater and Lochsa Rivers. Then over Lolo Pass and east on Hwy 200 along the Blackfoot River toward Great Falls.

Our float on the Missouri will be six days, finishing up at the head of Ft. Peck Lake.

On the return I think we will head south to I-90 along the Yellowstone River, then west/southwest to Hwy 93 south along the Salmon River gorge, eventually to Silver Creek near Ketchum. Then beat it for home in Portland.

I fished a couple of years ago at Silver Creek. It is gorgeous and the fish were very picky.

Any comments or recommendations about campgrounds, roads, diners, fishing holes, etc. would be appreciated. I'll try to come back with some pics to post.

TC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts