IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you register on Ifish, you have to buy a hat. When you fish, you have to wear the hat. That way, when I'm fishing (I'm a bankie, no boat yet) I can tell you may have an idea that you know what you're doing, and then I can pester you for an hour or so about tackle and techniques so maybe, just maybe someday I, too, can catch a steelhead. Plus, I think it would be great just to meet some of the people whose messages I read on this board everyday....any comments?

·
Registered
10,729 Posts
The hat won't fit my head, now If I could get a beanie, things might be different.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Not a bad Idea, I always wonder who around me is a fellow Ifisher. Always just a little shy, although I have been known to say "Ifish, You?". Gotten a few wierd looks, also met a few lurkers that seemed to know a bit about me :shocked: "hey I've seen your posts before, I go there all the time".
The problem is Ifish does not make anything like my tilley hat!

MH

·
Registered
532 Posts
sounds like a good idea, but I guess being one of those that doesn't like fishing elbows to elbow, I would opt for the Peta Hat and decal--

don't get me wrong-- i like people, blessed with the gift of gab, and anyone that's met me might agree--

I agree on the hat and decal purchase to support Ifish though, but as it's a for profit site, I'm not certain how that may go over

speaking of which, i need to do some buying--

Edited by Jennie the profitting ifisher. :smile:

[ 04-27-2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
What? A hat?

You are supposed to be tattoed!

Look at the user policy! You mean, you aren't? How could you miss that rule? Geesh!

Nobody on ifish unless they have the official ifish tattoo on their belly, and a First Cast Jig in your ear!
Jen

[ 04-27-2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
Oh yeah, and Snowball... Man, am I ever profitting. :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
532 Posts
im doubtfull you are making a living on this, but last time I inquired, you were not non-profit.. and really , we all profit from the wealth of information that gets traded, either in open rooms, or behind the scenes with email--

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
Ifish has never been a 501, but I could qualify for it.
I think, if I said that it was non profit, it was due to my tax returns. :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
532 Posts
well whatever the deal is--profit, not profit--im come hear daily and although sometimes snide in my remarks, apprecaite all that is taken care of.

I'm an IT guy by trade and know the amount of work that goes into this site--upgrades, servers, comm lines, security etc. Let me 1st and formost ssay thank you!!

·
Administrator
119,648 Posts
No thanks necessary, just get over here and run this site for me. OK?
:smile:
Jen

·
Registered
532 Posts
hmmm i think 4000 people would be bummed when the server crashed from too many mp3's-- besides, no need to reinvent the wheel--

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
I was in line at home depot yesterday and this guy was in front of me and he looked familiar. I thought I recognized him from the springer floatilla so I said " you're from Ifish, right?"
nope, the poor guy must have thought I was light in the loafers and hitting on him. Ooops!

·
Premium Member
14,449 Posts
i've got two different hats i prefer for fishing, depending on the season, and neither of them say ifish. a bill cap won't shed rain off the back of your neck, nor does it protect the tender tops of your ears in the summer sun.

my car has the sticker already and i haven't noticed a caravan of vehicles following me out when i go fish. i haven't stickered the boat yet but it hasn't seen more than rain water in the last couple of weeks anyway. besides, one look at the yellow eagle claw rod in the front holder should tell anyone that i clearly do not know what i'm doing out there.

i'm holding out for the ifish patch. i mostly bank it and already fish elbow to elbow most places anyway.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I put my decal from the fin clipping on my Jeep. That would be funny if somebody followed me around since I am in what seems like a life long skunk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts