IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
129,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let us be Thankful!

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. ….Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;" Psalm 95:1-6 Emphasis added.

It has been a very exciting and dynamic year for Let's Go Fishing Ministries. We have been privileged to provide messages, biblical teaching, encouragement, resources, and tangible comfort to scores of people. Through our conferences, retreats, workshops, church consulting, men's ministry programs, and classes many have been introduced to the saving knowledge of our loving Savior. Still more have been challenged to seek a deeper walk with our Lord by implementing the principles of evangelism and discipleship found in scripture.

This past week we mailed over 1,100 DVD's tucked into a beautifully prepared folder that will help people better understand our calling and why we have changed our name to the Outdoor Connection Ministries. If you did not receive this mailing and would like to celebrate our past and dream about a unique vision for the future contact us by email or phone (208) 457-9619 to order your free copy of this provocative presentation.

This coming year we celebrate our 25th year of ministry and the re-launch of a new vision that will help empower churches and men around the world. One of the primary messages we hope to promote is found throughout scripture and uniquely expressed in John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

It is this love that encourages us to go into the hurricane ravaged areas to provide food, water, comfort and support to the stricken victims. It is His love that enables us to "finish strong" by refining and perfecting a ministry that uniquely connects with men who might not otherwise experience God. It is the love and support of other believers that helps empower this ministry to explore new approaches to presenting God's word with culturally relevant messages and resources to a lost generation.

May you and yours enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving. May the love of God be passed along from one person to another. This story reminds us of the way we can impact others by simply being aware of the needs others might have. God Bless you! Jim

He almost didn't see the old lady, stranded on the side of the road in the rain; but even in the dim light of the wet day, he could see she needed help. So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out. His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her.

Even with the smile on his face, she was worried. No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so was he going to hurt her? He didn't look safe; he looked poor and hungry. He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold rain. He knew how she felt. It was that chill which only fear can put in you.

He said, "I'm here to help you, ma'am. Why don't you wait in the car where it's warm? By the way, my name is Bryan Anderson."

Well, all she had was a flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad enough. Bryan crawled under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two. Soon he was able to change the tire. But he had to get dirty and his hands hurt. As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and began to talk to him. She told him that she was from St. Louis and was only just passing through. She couldn't thank him enough for coming to her aid.

Bryan just smiled as he closed her trunk. The lady asked how much she owed him. Any amount would have been all right with her. She already imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not stopped. Bryan never thought twice about being paid. This was not a job to him. This was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty who had given him a hand in the past. He had lived his whole life that way, and it never occurred to him to act any other way.

He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she could give that person the assistance they needed, and Bryan added, "And think of me." He waited until she started her car and drove off. It had been a cold and depressing day, but he felt good as he headed for home, disappearing into the twilight.

A few miles down the road the lady saw a small cafe. She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made the last leg of her trip home. It was a dingy looking restaurant. Outside were two old gas pumps. The whole scene was unfamiliar to her.

A waitress with a sweet smile, one that even being on her feet for the whole day couldn't erase, walked up to her, offering a clean towel to wipe her wet hair. As she dried herself, the lady noticed the waitress was nearly eight months pregnant. but she never let the strain and aches change her attitude. She wondered again, for the second time that day, how another stranger, a poor waitress at that, after working all day could be so sweet and giving to her, a complete stranger.

She thought of Bryan.

After the lady finished her meal, she paid with a hundred dollar bill. The waitress quickly went to get change for her hundred dollar bill, but the old lady quickly slipped out the door and was gone by the time the waitress came back. The waitress wondering where the lady could be, noticed something written on the napkin. There were tears in her eyes when she read what the lady wrote: "You don't owe me anything. I have been there too. Somebody helped me today, and I am returning the favor by helping you. Under the napkin were four more $100 bills.

Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve, and the waitress made it through another day.

That night when she got home from work and climbed into bed, she was thinking about the money and what the lady had written. How could that lady have known how much she and her husband needed that sum? With the baby due next month, it was going to be hard, but the near $500 gift would make the difference. She knew how worried her husband was as he lay sleeping next to her.

She leaned over and gave him a soft kiss and whispered soft and low, "Everything's gonna be all right. I love you, Bryan Anderson"...

· Registered
9,881 Posts
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
DAB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.