IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P-ON, we have to observe the fin-clipped rule till Aug.1 then it's a free for all..It might fizzle a bit before the fall fish start coming in...but it's not like they are gonna shut it down...Summer steelhead will start screaming through soon...We're good until the end of the year :grin:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 07-04-2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
250 Posts
The peak counts over Bonneville are historically the first two weeks in September. The water is also very low and warm making the fishing more challenging. Ignoring all that, I had some of my best days last year in late October when there were only a few hundred going over the dam and the water was still low but much cooler. In other words you have 4 more months of good fishing if you play your cards right. :cheers:

Then of course theres no break in the action with fall right around the corner. Mr. Dorkfish is right. The rest of the year is good fishing.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Thats my opinion as well, the fish are there all summer, but the temps dictate if they will bite. Sometimes the summers will stack up, not bite, get a little color, etc... and people will "forget" about them and then the weather turns a little cooler and you get a hot bite. I think Dave J had one 18 fish day on a late summer bite last year and we did almost (but not quite) as good a couple times late in the summer when the water cooled off. Good Luck

UG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts