IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely slaughtered the Humpies on the Skagit both Saturday and Sunday. Between two of us, at least 80 hook-ups!! It was an absolute blast. :dance:

However, being from Yakima and fishing it for the first time, I have no idea how much longer that run will last. Any ideas from locals or veterans? I'd like to go back next weekend or the weekend after if they're still in, but have no idea.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Keep going,
Main run is in but will continue in good numbers through the next 3 weeks.
born and raised in that area until work took me abroad.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm surprised you're on this website NICECHROMER!! When's the last time you even fished since you sold your drift boat and spend most of your spare time drinking?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I heard that you weren't allowed to snag them though. I don't know if I can really believe 80 fish...ROLA.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Rola-

The fish are still coming in from the salt. They will be "keepable" for another couple weeks, but "catchable" through October!!! The hens we have been keeping are closed skeins, so they are not ready to spawn yet. Plus, with the rain, the hoho's are starting to trickle in. Let me know when you're coming back up again.

80 fish in a weekend is not out of the question. We have been averaging 4 fish per person per hour. In 6 hours with two people, you are close to 50 fish. This is not snagging. Humpies are WILLING biters, and the Skagit should get 600,000 fish alone. True, they are not Kings or Silvers, but a good time for all, especially kids. Don't cut down on Rola until you try it. You WILL catch fish......lots of them.

Tight Lines

Green Machine

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Green Machine,

Fishing was so fun and successful, we're heading back!! Taking off Saturday morning, so we'll fish the afternoon/evening and then again on Sunday morning. Weather sounds like it'll be nice, so that's a bonus. Hopefully we'll hit it big again this weekend, because ~80 fish will be hard to beat!! Either way, we'll get 'em!! :dance:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Catching 50 sea slugs isn't all that bad considering it's cheap and continuous fun!! Fortunately I don't rely on the fish I catch to fill my plate, so they all go back except for 4 nice egg-filled hens!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts