IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now a Lemon Joy believer! Have seen it work to many times not to be. Is there a preference between the Ultra and Non-Ultra?? and is the "Country Lemon" the same as regular Lemon?? I cant seem to find plain ol' Lemon ANYWHERE!
Thanks

Jfool :whazzup:

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Ran into the same dilema last spring. Ultra! I don't want Ultra! I want regular. Then I noticed that every brand of dishwashing soap was "Ultra". Never noticed, but come to think of it my dishes have been ultra clean lately.

Freak

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
Doesn't matter. The real benefit is that it is a detergent, and gets the human and gas smell off your hands. I used the last of my old lemon joy this spring, converted to the new stuff, and the catch rate continued.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My boat has a large bottle of JOY and I have the smoothest hands, great texture and they smell so good. I wouldn't leave home without it.

I do not always take the time to wash before I start fishing and still catch fish. But I do catch more once I have washed my hands with it.
AS Silver Hilton said, just gotta get rid of the human scent and gas smell. anything that will do that will improve our catch rate.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Does it matter? No. Just wash your hands in some kind of LJ and catch fish.

TIP: Try grinding up sardines and anise together. Rub this on your hands and rinse in the river. Then bait your rig and send it down. Hold hands away from body until fish strikes. Hopefully your hands are dry before you grab the rod. Dispatch the fish and repeat the process after each dispatching. Before going home be sure to wash hands in lemon Joy as the wife may not want anything to do with you if ya stink to bad. :grin:

If your arms are getting to tired holding them away from your body bring an empty bread wraper and fill with the anise and sardine solution. Place hands in the sack while resting. If strike occurs during your resting time a friend may have to land your fish for you as your hands will be to slippery to handle the rod. I have found that big gulp cups over the hands make it a little easier to keep the hands seperated from any human smell. Plus you just shake them off when a fish strikes. Warning: do not use the big gulp cups for releaving yourself. This ruins the ability of masking human scent from the fish. Go to 7 11 and ask for a new one as the paper of the cup will absorb the urria scent and cause fish to continue up stream.

Hope this helps. Be sure to wave with those big gulp cups on your hands when I go by. I'll even take you picture so others can learn from this. :cheers:

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
I found that my catch rate soared after I started showering with Lemon Joy. My hair smells so good, now, too.

Serious fishermen will also take a good solid swig at the beginning of each fishing morning. It isn't necessary to swallow, just swish it around a bit and spit. This keeps amino acids from your saliva from contaminating the fishing as you spit and breath.

Finally, and you know who you are, there are a few of you who could benefit from rubbing a little lemon joy into the old armpits, if you knows what I means.

:wink:

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
You can also apply this mixture to cure jock itch and athletes foot. :grin:

·
Administrator
41,369 Posts
Darned! I guess I'll have to stop using Herring Joy and switch to Lemon.

Detergent and a scrub brush on the boat help keep lures clean (nothing like getting the herring oil off a Kwikfish to keep it shiny!), helps keep human scent off your lures and when fishing's slow, you can clean the rest of your boat! :grin:

·
Registered
14,791 Posts
C&E,

Do you have any proof of this :whazzup:

I'm calling Dr, Dean Adel :laugh:

Please, no B-4 and after pics

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cleaning hands and gear is understandable. What I have been seeing is that people are pouring it on thier wobblers like its a scent. Is it just wiping out the L-Serine or is there something else in it that fish actually like??

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
Since it's detergent, it's life on the wobbler is likely to be very short. I wash my plugs with the soap, but I do that to get them clean and remove other scents/old scent.

I've used whatever soap we have in the kicthen to wash lures at home, and the brand seems to make no difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts