IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give some suggestions on what to fish with at Lemolo Lake. I'm going there in a couple of weeks. Not sure how to, or what to fish with. I do have a boat so trolling would be an option. Any help would be great. I asked this a while back but forgot to write anything down. Please forgive me.
Thanks and good fishing!!

·
Registered
19,626 Posts
How's it going? Hey it's been 35 years since I've fished Lemolo Lake. Seems that there were browns by the dam. You may want to stop in Roseburg at a tackle shop and ask a few questions. There used to be one at the lake, but may not be there now. Good luck.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sorry i cannot quote the size, but the smallest chrome hot-shot 30 inches behind a small flasher, you can not go to slow. Drag a bucket if you have to. Slow is the key in Lemolo.

·
Registered
778 Posts
A brass triple teaser is what we killed em on last time we fished there. It was the only thing that worked. Don't leave home without one. (or 10)
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I usually troll with Needlefish type lures but the first time we were there 2 years ago we were getting nothing- but we noticed a boat was drifting with the wind with bait in the "east arm". It seems the wind is always blowing back into it. Just start a couple hundred yards out and let the wind take you back into the arm. We used simply a 1/3 worm on a hook and a split shot or two. Caught all the fish we wanted with that method. Used power bait in the same manner also with great luck. Not my preferred way to catch fish but it beats getting skunked. Both trips we have made there have given up some really fat and fiesty 12-13 inch rainbows.
The arm next to it which goes more or less south has a steep bank on the east edge. We had great luck there also with the Needlefish down 20ft on downriggers.
I would never drive by Lemelo without stopping to fish.
And I have never kept any of the fish we caught- so you and I both can find them bigger next time- good luck- stop killing all the fish!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Also try worms on the bottom in the arms of the lake. Anchor up toss out your worms and catch some BIG BROWNS! Yee Haw. :dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts