IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
does any one have exp. drifting from the Leb. dam down

take outs/time/dangers/I want to row if you want to fish and help me learn the river. this week maybe wed?

·
Banned
349 Posts
If you are inexperienced on the sticks, this is not an easy drift. Depending on the flow, the first 1/4 mile portion downstream from the slide can be tricky if you don't know what you are doing. The rest of the float is cake. Just a heads up.

CnD

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You had better have a good 4 wheel drive rig. They worked on the road and added some large rocks at the edge of the road it looks real tricky to me, but there have been a few brave souls putting in there.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
SHOULDN'T be classified as a very easy drift (where's that great big cheesy ifish disclaimer?). There is a mini rock garden not too far downstream from the launch. Past this spot is not bad but to say it is an easy drift is incorrect.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I watched a drift boat go down in the section you are talking about. I was on shotgun rock last year or the year before and saw it. They hit one of the rocks and went over. As soon as they went over there were people there helping withing just a few minutes. I felt helpless to do anything because I was on the bank and on the wrong side of the river.

Later some guys came with a sled and put it in over the bank on the opposite side from Shotgun rock. They were able to pull the boat out. The whole thing took what seemed like about 4 hours. I never heard anything about it or read about it in the paper so I figured the people got out ok.

Be careful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts