IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has been seeing any fish caught at the damn since they dropped the water. I've heard that they have been out there fishing these last few days. Any reports would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Report from yesterday evening: no fish landed, many spotted. No one postively id'ed a springer - all looked to be steelies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ditto on the nothing. Donated a few hooks there last night with lots of rolling big fish. No positive springer id. Did have lots of company however. Seems as though some others are ready to get out of the house.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There has to be Springers in there. I've never seen Steelhead role in that area. I heard the Man that owns the house on the south side has shut down that area to fishing. Anyway, how many people were out there Yesterday?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dude, there are always plenty of people that say there "must" be springers in there this time of year. These are usually the same people that totally underestimate the time required for a fish to make it from the falls at O.C. to the Lebanon dam, or even the mouth of the Santiams to the dam. The steelies will roll in there UNTIL the springers show up, which tend to push the steelies through that entire area! It's pretty easy to tell the difference between the two if you get a decent look at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We talked to a state cop about the dude and his property and we were told that yes, he owns the property to the middle of the river but, it was written in his deed that he could not stop anglers from fishing there. So, if he tries to run you off, smile and say fish on. Hey kwiky, I netted 7 springers there last night. Then I woke up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let you know, I caught my first Springer at the Damn last year on April 24th. I know there are Springers there. I just talked to a friend of mine that was there last night just watching you guys fish, and he confirmned that he did see a couple of Springer role. But yes, I know steelies role there too, I just have not seen that very often myself.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Heres one I got yesturday on drifted prawns down at Shotgun Rock.

Enoy the coming crowds. Before you know it you'll be sitting on the beach watching the stars waiting for it to get light enough to fish with 30 other guys.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
11 quarts of eggs. Hmmmm. That sounds familiar. I bet I know that muley buck after all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Muleybuck, last year those first 3 springers I caught were on April 19 and the 22. You remember those you said it was to early! You know better, grab a couple quarts and let's go. Let's see if those eggs are any good, I'm tired of the talk let's do the walk. Bobber down! Fished the morning today (OC) went 3 for 4 with CO. All on bobber and eggs, 6 to 14 ft. Sand bar and the high wall.

[ 04-30-2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: buckgtr ]

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
To settle on the river problems with land owners that say they own the river to mid-channel, or the whole river if they own both banks, its nice to carry the State of Oregon publication " Who owns the waterways in Oregon" When someone says you cant fish here I own the river, plop that baby out and show them (nicely)that they actually don't. Offer them a copy of it so they can see the errors in their thought process, and that their deed is recorded in error. Copies of this publication are available by calling the Division of State Lands in Salem.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually they do own the bottom of the River if the river has never been deemed navigable. These big rivers though, that boat can go down, or up that are not deemed navigable, well that's kind of a crock. But trust me friend, on the small rivers, they own it, and there is nothing anybody can do until the State say's otherwise.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, and for you egg sayers, That's 12 Quarts of Prime Cured Amerman's Eggs! $1000 Bucks a Quart if you want some..........

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Muley,

I am planning on getting out today also, probably after lunch sometime. This will only be my second time down and would love to follow you. I have two others that are greener than me going today. Email me if you want to try and meet up.

Sorry we never got out this winter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heard of one Springer caught at the damn on Thursday. I went up to Waterloo Park to screw around with the Re-run Steelhead, hooked on, but lost it. But it was one of the funniest day's on the river. Boy, if you want a show just go there. The Dog that almost drowned, and the 350 pound women in the back of a 10 Aluminam boat with the 100 pound man in the front on the oars. Man the oars were not even touching the water. Thank goodness somebody helped them out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts