IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kids are out of school, my immune system is not great from a past bone morrow transplant so I’m off work. Thinking of loading up and heading East. We will be traveling in an older class C motor home pulling a 20’ boat with a pump so snow is not ideal. My boys are young and I will be the only adult to launch, park etc. so no tricky boat ramp for an RV. The boys love to be on the boat, a fish or two is a bonus. Where would you go?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Number of lakes to look at down south with no fear of snow. Cottage Gove and Dorena Reservoirs, Ten Mike and Siltcoos Lakes. All are good for trout and bass.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you are looking to the east, are you thinking central OR (Bend area?) or further like Brownlee? I hear Brownlee is starting to pick up with catfish and crappie already, Lake Billy Chinook is producing Kokanee. Most other high lakes are closed until April 22nd, but check the regs for specific ones.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Getting out by yourself isn't a bad idea and one silver lining of all this mess might be we adults get to spend time with our kids that work doesn't allow. Good for you for thinking about fun ways to spend time.

I personally haven't done it, but Lake Billy C. traditionally has some nice fishing in the spring and isn't too far away. Of course it goes without saying.. make sure you have medicines and anything you need for your family as stuff is changing moment to moment these days.

QUOTE=daniel81;16285737]Kids are out of school, my immune system is not great from a past bone morrow transplant so I’m off work. Thinking of loading up and heading East. We will be traveling in an older class C motor home pulling a 20’ boat with a pump so snow is not ideal. My boys are young and I will be the only adult to launch, park etc. so no tricky boat ramp for an RV. The boys love to be on the boat, a fish or two is a bonus. Where would you go?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Le page park is a easy flat drive with no snow and a big nice launch with mooring by the launch pad as well as over night mooring if the wind will let you.. If the camp ground is full they will let you camp in the boat launch area or there is also a big area towards Rufus to dry camp along the Columbia that is always wide open. You can hunt for cat fish this time of year.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Prineville reservoir is an option. Unless they shut down the state park campgrounds. If I knew the status of ice on Chickahominy I would mention that one.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,
We are trying to make a game plan. It sounds like with the schools closed down for longer I might have more time on my hands! This is getting crazy but trying to keep a positive spin on it!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,
We are trying to make a game plan. It sounds like with the schools closed down for longer I might have more time on my hands! This is getting crazy but trying to keep a positive spin on it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts