IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a random Micra giveaway! I just love these! :smile:

Want to win a Leatherman Micra, through the ifish ready, set contest???

I KNEW YOU WOULD! COOL!

OK, here are the rules of the road:

Be the first back to this thread, to answer the question, correctly.
If you have won in the last month, please give someone else a chance.
If I screw up, I can't be held responsible for giving out multiple prizes, OK? :smile:
Any edited answers are disqualified.
Only one guess per person.
You must send me your mailing address, if you win, within two hours, so that I don't get all mixed up with contests! Please put the item you won in the e mail header!

Now, follow me to the Leatherman Web Site

Let's just pretend I stuck my Leatherman Micra in my pocket and decided to get on a plane to Alaska, ok?

Look through their web site, and tell me what it says, regarding this situation.

Will I get in trouble? :smile:

Simply copy and paste the information you find from the Leatherman Web Site, regarding carrying their knives on flights. Be the first to do it, and you win a Micra!

COOL, HUH?

I think so!

OK, ready, set.... FLY!

Jen

·
Registered
624 Posts
Historically, Federal Aviation Administration guidelines permitted knife blades up to four inches long aboard domestic commercial flights. (Individual airlines were given the latitude to utilize more stringent rules at their discretion.) In the aftermath of the tragic events of September 11, 2001, the FAA has issued a series of new security regulations, including one referring to knives. This exact meaning of this new directive isn’t entirely clear, but as best we can tell, no knives (of any kind or size) will be allowed through security checkpoints. In other words, you can still travel with your Leatherman tool, but you will need to place it in your checked baggage rather than carrying it with you onto your plane. For the latest federal regulations, please visit www.tsa.gov.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
here it is
This exact meaning of this new directive isn’t entirely clear, but as best we can tell, no knives (of any kind or size) will be allowed through security checkpoints. In other words, you can still travel with your Leatherman tool, but you will need to place it in your checked baggage rather than carrying it with you onto your plane.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Can I get on a commercial aircraft carrying my Leatherman tool?
Historically, Federal Aviation Administration guidelines permitted knife blades up to four inches long aboard domestic commercial flights. (Individual airlines were given the latitude to utilize more stringent rules at their discretion.) In the aftermath of the tragic events of September 11, 2001, the FAA has issued a series of new security regulations, including one referring to knives. This exact meaning of this new directive isn’t entirely clear, but as best we can tell, no knives (of any kind or size) will be allowed through security checkpoints. In other words, you can still travel with your Leatherman tool, but you will need to place it in your checked baggage rather than carrying it with you onto your plane. For the latest federal regulations, please visit www.tsa.gov.

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jetty Nut: Pretty good for a newbie! :smile:

Barviewrocks, you win, though! By a split second!

Thanks for playing, and please send me your mailing addie, and I'll send it out as soon as the boys make me breakfast! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
255 Posts
Can I get on a commercial aircraft carrying my Leatherman tool?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Unbelievable! I rarely win anything. Maybe this is a trend, I think I will go out and buy a lottery ticket...I hope my past math teachers do not see me at the lottery machine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts