IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the next 10 days off :grin:.
Any one have a late update on whats been going on down there? Either way I'll be pounding the water just hoped for a hot :pray: report to get the blood pumping!
Thanks guys!

Wilson

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Got the next 10 days off :grin:.
Any one have a late update on whats been going on down there? Either way I'll be pounding the water just hoped for a hot :pray: report to get the blood pumping!
Thanks guys!

I just spent 7 days there and it is extremely slow. I saw maybe 7-10 fish in that time but i came home empty handed. The so called hot ticket was a chartruse spinner with a white dot in the middle of it. I trolled the paint off of mine and zippo. There is a lot of fish outside the Siletze bay but seem to be mostly coho. Good luck.
PS. Nehalem would be a better bet even if it is slow.

Cagey:wave:

Wilson

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the report cagey. :frown:
But have ya ever had that feeling? :smirk: :wink: :pray:
I GOT IT!!!!:laugh::smash::smash:

Wilson

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yes thanks for the report the Siletz is a tough fishery the people that seem to catch fish are the locals on anchor with kwikies. I like to troll and havent caught much.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
If anyone can catch em Wilson can. Good luck down there and save a few for me. If you need a fishing partner Larry give me a call. I'm all settled in up here in Tillamook. Have boat will travel.:dancingman:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone can catch em Wilson can. Good luck down there and save a few for me. If you need a fishing partner Larry give me a call. I'm all settled in up here in Tillamook. Have boat will travel.:dancingman:

Thanks John, I'll be in touch if we get a hot bite.:pray:

Wilson

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Siletz has been slow to start this year . I'm 0 for 10 trips this year and Teeny 0 for 15. I talked to Dennis last week, he was 2 for 23 trips.The Nehalen is starting slow this year to.I think it will get going, just a little later than it has been the last few years.

L J

·
Registered
811 Posts
Teeny 0-15 !!! Dang,it must really be slooww. I usually see him on the board down there daily when he's fishing. I will be down there tha last week of Sept. Hope it heats up by then!!:smash:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Teeny 0-15 !!! Dang,it must really be slooww. I usually see him on the board down there daily when he's fishing. I will be down there tha last week of Sept. Hope it heats up by then!!:smash:
Teeny called me last weeK, the guy is going to have a milt down soon if he dosn't get a fish fix, and I'm right behind him. Late Sept should be good any place on the coast....I hope.

L J

·
Registered
36 Posts
SLOW.

I talked with the nice folks at coyote rock and they said the fishing has been really slow. I am 0-2 so far and when I went a couple days ago there wasnt one fish landed for anyone the whole day. But its still nice to go out and try. The water temp was ranging from 66.5-69 degrees.
:shrug:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Lockjaw,

You have as much experience as anyone on the Siletz - any theories? Last year was not the best either. Water was a warm as it is now. Are you seeing less water flowing than you have in years past? Is the downturn in fishing just because I started fishing the river last year and God is slapping me around a little bit?

·
Registered
456 Posts
m
Lockjaw,

You have as much experience as anyone on the Siletz - any theories? Last year was not the best either. Water was a warm as it is now. Are you seeing less water flowing than you have in years past? Is the downturn in fishing just because I started fishing the river last year and God is slapping me around a little bit?
Been on the Siletz since 73 and in the 80s and 90s most years started this way.Its only been in the last 8 or 10 years I'v seen summer fish like we been having. Most years I'd get my first fish the first or second week of September.We had 40 fish on our tags by the end the run in mid November.You could keep six fish a week,many weeks I only fished 3 days to do that. Lets hope the summer fish will all come in September, after feeding 4 or 5 weeks more in the ocean thay may all be 30lbs+. I'll be out trying Saterday slow or fast. ( Got to beat Teeny on the board again this year) :cheers:

L J

Wishin, low worm water every summer just like this one. Keep fishen,thay will come:smash:.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O.K. boys and girls just got back from 8 days down there, fishing was to say the least very slow! Spent more time working on the deck then fishing. Waited for that hot report from the locals and it never came? The time I did spend fishing only saw 1 fish caught. saw a total of 3 hanging at the local moorages. From what I heard there was a good bite of summer fish a couple months ago, hopefully this is the lull before the storm.:smash:
Never give up!!!!:pray: :noway:

Wilson

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Thanks for the report, Wilson~

Yeah, might just be a little early for this years run. I'm sure they'll start pushing through in the next week or so. :cheers:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yawn... 41 lbs out of coyote and one out of chinook bend

I call your bluff!
just checked coyote web site.
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
If it's true I :bowdown:

Wilson

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was out there all day today along with about 40 other and heard of only two fish taken. But it was still nice to be on the water.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts