IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the last year we are doing ifishstock..........ALONE!!! :grin:

We just can't handle it. I honestly can't walk today! If it weren't for Bill, this wouldn't have happened. So, three cheers for Bill! He really worked hard!

I'm writing this here, while everything is fresh and I'll look it up next year in a search.

I am going to delegate jobs, then I can visit with people! I didn't get a chance to visit much, and I miss that!

We need:

A five guy team on the BBQ

A parking team of two, or so.

A couple of helpers to keep the food table fresh and iced down, pop in the coolers, etc.

A registration table person or team.

An MC team, like Crabbait and Stew. Great team!
Someone to collect donations for the party.
A clean up crew.
Someone to make sure we have tables and chairs.

If we all put in one hour of work during the party, then we can all play the rest of the time... and Bill and I can be available for those short notice needs, like, "Got a knife? Got a bowl? Got a box?" You know... those things! :smile:

In the end, it all worked out. Bill and I were cleaned up this morning by noon or so. Then I slept for 3 hours!!!

The property was so clean! There was only one place where there was cigarette butts in the lawn. The rest, immaculate! The river was spotless!

Oh, by the way, we found a plastic lizard toy on the back lawn. If anyone is missing that, please let me know. We have it. Is it BOE's? Also, a child's pair of shoes.

I have so many people to thank. People who brought tables, people who cleaned up without my even asking! People who stayed late to do dishes!!! People who donated goods at the last minute! People who helped one another in the parking lot!

I was really impressed with everyone, actually. I really think we have a neato group of people here! WOW! It's quite amazing to have 200 plus people over, and have absolutely NO damage, and no messes! Everyone picked up their stuff when they left! I guess it's the old, "Pack out twice what you packed in" fisher rule! :smile:

We made a trip to the dump this morning, and got everything out in one pickup load.

I really love you guys and gals.... (Says the tired old woman as she heads for bed!)

I have a smile on my face, still.

So, next year we need teams, OK?

Jen

[ 08-11-2003, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
841 Posts
Jen, I couldn't agree with you more. We can have teams like they do with a derby. BBQ team "Hot to trot"... Clean up team of "Crabs" and Keep table cool and clean team "Carrot"... registration table "Catch and release" :smile: I didn't even get to talk to you. :depressed: Just let me know what you need next year and I will help you all I can.

G

·
Jennie you and Bill shouldn't have to do it alone. So next year let's go to a park or something like that and have volunteers to do various tasks.
It was very gracious of you and Bill to open your home up to so many people but you shouldn't be expected to go it alone. Hey how about the campground at Barview?
I can't begin to tell you how appreciative my wife and I are for yours and Bill's generosity.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jennie, I am fairly new to ifish, only a few months now but I have seen how hard you work on the board and at ifishstocks. You really need to let others help more. I hope you feel better soon .
Oh and when Bill tells you to sit down and relax.. Listen to him please.

Mike

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I would be more than happy to help next year, either to help BBQ or food helpers or registration. This was our first Ifishstock and me and the wife had a great time.

Jennie, thank you for letting us stay overnight @ your home. You have a very nice place....and a very cute cat :smile: .

Russ

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Count me in to help. I'm good on the bbq, and would love to help out. It should be a team effort. Jennie, you should have the chance to relax and enjoy the day like the rest of us. Thanks again for an amazing job, it was reflected in the experience we all had. Good to meet some of you ifishers, your pretty cool for a bunch of fisherman.
fish on!
GBS

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
I'll help clean up, just for the chocolate cake crumbs and table scraps. :grin: Man! The icing alone on Ginny's Ifish freedom flag cake was worth the drive! Bet I had about a pound of that. :bowdown:

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
Count me in for next year....................

What ever you need, just divide up the duties and we will make it all happen.

JK

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Jen:

Thanks to you and Bill for putting your lovely home and grounds at our disposal.
Thank you both for all of your work and efforts.
Thanks to all of you that brought the terrific food and cooked and helped set up and take down.
Thank you moderators for your time this past year.
And thank you sponsors for your generous contributions.
:bowdown:
We think ifishstock was a big sucess and hope to be at more in the future. Had a great time and renewed some old friendships and made some new ones.
Bill and Barb
(bllelk and slowpie)

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
Jennie said:

we found a plastic lizard toy on the back lawn. If anyone is missing that, please let me know. We have it. Is it BOE's?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Now what would I be doing with a plastic lizard toy?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

....Oh wait a minute

Do you think if I put some lead in its head, a double barbless hook off the tail, paint it yellow and green, tied a couple feathers to it and trolled it 7 mph about 30 miles offshore. :wink:

Maybe I could melt it down and pour it in a form and make an apex type wobbler?, or I could shred it and glue the shreds....... :hoboy:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Jennie
Your a winner!
The efforts are appreciated.
So many people don't realize how much you do for them.
Thanks, Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts