IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I have done mine for over 30 years on the Weber grill using the the rotisserie (although a cooking rack works too). Coat the outside with olive oil add some Johnny seasoning salt then I use a wire basked set on the deflected bars to hold damp wood chips (alder, fruit wood, hickory) creating heavy smoke for at least the first hour so refill the basked frequently. The dark meat ends up with a slight pink coloring from the smoke and everything has a gentle smoke flavor and very moist. This come out so good I even converted two vegetarians who tasted it.

Have a great Thanksgiving. We live in the best country in the world....not perfect...but the best there is.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Brine, spatchcock, oil and season, tuck the wing tips, pellet smoke set to 275 until breast temp hits 165, around 4 hours for a 15 lb bird. Hard to get it wrong with a pellet smoker. Skin is not crispy, but cuts well and has a good bite through.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts