IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
One of a kind home is a 1910 barn, converted to a residence in 1979. Once owned by the Woolworth family! 4279 sf on 3 levels. Soaring open-beam ceilings, 2 Master suites, 4 bedrooms total, 4.5 baths. Open floor plan feels wonderfully spacious! Pastoral views, lots of windows make it light and airy Completely renovated inside and out. New flooring, new tile, cabinets refinished or replaced, new paint inside and out. Covered walkway on 3 sides with stamped concrete. Outdoor kitchen area. 2 heat pumps (one complete system is new), 2 water heaters (one new), catalytic fireplace, huge catalytic Blaze King wood stove, pellet stove, central vacuum. Covered deck and breezeway to the triple car garage, and a 2 br, 1 ba, 1000 sf apartment beyond the garage. Top quality throughout!

5.77 acres, with 5 acres of irrigation rights served by underground sprinklers. Fully landscaped. 3 pastures plus a dry lot, loafing shed, 3 stall barn with heated tack room, hot water, 18 ton hay storage. Circle drive to home, huge parking and maneuvering area next to barn. 5" PT round wood posts and woven wire fencing throughout. Almost 1/4 acre dog yard with heated, insulated 8'x8' dog house. Heated automatic waterers for horses and dogs. 16 cord wood shed, big well house. FULL SIZE TENNIS COURT!!! Log archway and ranch style wood gate entry. This property is the Crown Jewel of the subdivision!

Pending improvement: The access rods are currently gravel, and the homeowners of the Panoramic Subdivision have just voted to pave all roads. The goal is to complete the project in 2021.

Close to Sisters and all the amenities it offers, only 20 minutes to Bend or Redmond, near a multitude of recreational opportunities and Hoodoo ski area, with a quiet, country feel. This home is a bargain at the price offered! If listed it will be more.....

Finally, this more than just a home. The property offers the ability to generate income if desired. The apartment is currently a vacation rental, generating $3-4,000 per month, it would also be perfect for a multi-generational family. The main house was once a bed & breakfast, and is projected to generate over $100,000 per year as a vacation rental managed by a VR company. The barn and pastures are perfect for horse boarding, in high demand here as well. The combination of features sets this unique property well above the competition!

Showing by appointment only. Seller is a licensed broker.

The asking price is $2,200,000.

e.jpg
b.jpg
h.jpg
k.jpg
m.jpg
p.jpg
o.jpg
Entry Gate.jpg
f.jpg
County overhead.jpg

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you better list it.
Owner is a licensed broker and I run a private RE investment group, so we're no strangers to the sales process. Not listing for a while will potentially save us over $50,000 in commission to a selling agent. With the internet and today's market the advertising value of the MLS is limited. I have sold somewhere around 20 homes in the last couple years without listing, and at prices above those recommended by Realtors.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did Ponderosa Iron and Forge make the fireplace grates?
That is an Extraordinaire catalytic fireplace. They are similar to an insert but look like a fireplace, with outside air draw and automatic circulation fans. They are pretty spendy, so the doors are stock items.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya, what happened. did it sell ? I saw it sold for 500k three years ago.
True story. Was bank owned, non-financiable condition. First 2 deals they had fell through. My SO bought it for cash, as-is, then spent 2 years and several $100k totally renovating and updating. Did a lot of the work ourselves. The pictures and description really can't do it justice, ya gotta see it in person.

Not surprising if it takes a while to sell. Even in today's market there are not that many buyers in that price range. Not that many homes comparable to choose from either......

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
If I restored an old Bronco should I sell it for the same price I bought it for when the market price is $85k-$100k? Nope. The market determines the value and price.

I’ve seen this house in person and it’s amazing. It’s under priced in this market at this price. Houses half this size with 5’ property setbacks in Bend are selling for +$1 million in bidding wars.

There’s always got a be a few naysayers who think they’re Central Oregon real estate experts chiming in on ifish. Jealousy is an ugly character trait.

Illegitimi non carborundum

1 - 18 of 18 Posts