IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these Lamiglass rods called Summer Runs. I believe they are a variation of the Certified Pro, but I haven't seen them before.. They seem to be a light steelhead rod. Does anyone know anything about these rods or how they perform?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
The Summer Run is form the original Esprit series and is treasured by some of the best steelhead anglers that ever lived.

I have to assume that what rola76 says is a joke. That rod has been made for like twenty years with an unbeleivable history.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
1. for Not Worth It!!!!!!!!

1. for the greatest!!!!!!!!

Whats it going to be,???????????????????

I would like to here more, as I dont own one of these but, after hereing only TWO replys, I have to think about befor I go out and Buy One.

For a long time 15 to 20 years I used a glass pole, kids gone from home moor$$$$$$$$ to spend, I now have 4 limas, some people have more!!!

I love all of them Keni what a pole all the power I need.
The Backbouncer, another great pole.

So Lets get back to, ARE THEY ANY GOOD?????

·
Registered
841 Posts
I was lucky enough to be able to make a few drifts with one! Very nice rod. I've been looking at a 9 or 10 footer for drifting for summer steelhead.
Them Rogue Rods are nice, I own one myself. Used to not like them but now I want another!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I was going to purchase a rogue rod, after reading an article about them on the ESPN website. I went down to Fisherman's Marine to purchase One and the guy behind the counter told me they had nothing but bad luck with them. I do not know if he was telling me the truth or just trying to sell me something else. So I have just stuck with my faithful Loomis's.

·
Registered
10,620 Posts
He was blowing smoke, I have talked to several Joes employees that haven't taken one in yeat and have also not heard a bad report. Mine is top notch and has handled several steelies. I have the 9.5 spinner 6-12 and am going to get its casting twin soon.

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
90% of the time when I try to find an upper end lami at fishermens they do not have it in stock. Even complained to Lamiglas about it, they never seem concerned. The rogue is the way to go though.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Get a Rogue!!

I'm building my collection myself, after years of being a diehard Lami/Loomi fan.

Or, have TH build you one, you pick the blank!

TR

·
Registered
77 Posts
i bought the 9 foot 12-25# rougue rod, and love it for nookie fishin. its got the sensitivity and the backbone to go with it. I also fish with some IMX's and i won't buy another one just becuase the price difference.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Let me start by saying that I still own my first "real"(not yellow) steelhead rod, a Lami which is now about 20 years old and I still use today. With that said I will never buy another Lamiglas again. I had a terrible experience with their warranty department on a rod that broke while setting the hook bobber fishing :mad: . There are a number of other rods out there priced better, atleast as good quality, and the warrantys are far better. Just my expereince. I am sure others may disagree.

[ 05-30-2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: chromebright ]

·
Registered
524 Posts
The 8'6" Espirit summer run rod is an awesome rod.I have one and use it all winter throwing rag's and everthing else.This rod has landed a 21lb buck.I love this rod,but if it was to ever break I'd cry like a little baby. They don't make it any more.It come's in a certified pro now,not the espirit model.It's got a cheaper price but not the same rod.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
P.S. Not bashing the certified pro models,I own 5 of them.

[ 05-30-2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Yes, I was totally joking about staying away.

However, I too own a Rogue rod and absolutely love it. Virtually all of my rods are Loomis, however, the Rogue is just as nice if not better. Definitely great quality at a reasonable price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts