IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it happened to me again. I broke another rod. But this time I actually broke it on the biggest Chinook I have ever hooked up with (we even landed it). I took the rod up to Woodland and Lamiglas replaced it, no problem. This time I was dealing with John Gray. Thanks for the help and great service.

D.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I broke my Willamette Special last week setting the hook on a 15lb. Coho. They replaced it no problem. But what a drive to make! By the way I too landed the fish.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I snapped off the top 6 inches of my buddies rod this weekend as I was clumsily getting out of the driftboat in a section of fastwater. I just ran up to Woodland, WA to the Lamiglas Store (exit 21) on the east side of I-5 next to Best Western) and explained to the customer service rep (I think his name was Josh) what happened and he replaced it at no charge. He also said he appreciated my honesty. Phenomenal customer service. A+ in my book. Lamiglas will get my business again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I on the other hand tried to save some money and bought a Cabelas fish eagle II rod. Needless to say the rod broke this year on the Deschutes. I called Cabelas and they informed me that the rod was 2 years old and was no longer covered. From now on I will only buy Lamiglas or Loomis. The price may be highter but in the end you get your moneys worth.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
I guess the Rod **** at Lamiglas is gone. Kinda sad. :depressed: The end of an era.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I have been using Lamiglas blanks for years. No $50.00 guarantee no questions asked deal. No additional charge for a replacement. I have returned 5 broken rods. Four of which were not fair breaks. Even with custom built rods there has never been a problem. Be honest and tell them the truth and they replace it and you pass go for free. Customer service makes repeat customers and new customers. Oh yes! I catch just as many fish on a Lamiglas. I guess I will stick with the rod builder that has been around 50 plus years.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Jack...No, that one guy is still there. They got this new kid working in there though and he's a real nice guy. But like most everyone in this thread has said is...just tell them what happend....IN other words...tell them what they want to hear :grin:

Have yet to have a problem with the guys in there at Lamiglas...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jooky,

If your not breaking rods, then your not fishing hard enough :shocked: (or fishing with a three year old in the boat, like me) :wink: .

D.

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Great people, great product and great pricing......

You can't beat them! :shrug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts