IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a tragic accident the other day - I broke my favorite salmon rod - a Lamiglas Heavy Bouncer (1 piece). I broke about 6 inches off of the top. I took it to Lamiglas expecting the worst but they said no problem, they replaced it under the warranty. And that's why they are my favorite rod manufacturer. :grin:

D.

[ 07-01-2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: drhall99 ]

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I have two rods that I'm gonna have to run in there. The eyes poped out so. Hope that they can fix that problem.

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
The number one tip I can offer for getting good warranty or other customer service, is this:

Be honest. Especially with rods, they have seen SO many of them and they can tell, usually, what happened, and how.

I think if you are honest and humble, you will get the best customer service! Lamiglas is awesome from what I've heard. I've never broken a Lami yet, but I'm sure I will!

Jen

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Broke a one piece walleye special (good rod for summer steel!) they sent me a catalog and a note that said "pick one".. Esprit II in the mail a week later!

Kingfisher, I had the same thing happen yesterday, lost the eye in the tip guide.

Nobody here sells replacements, does lamiglass have a parts dept I can call and get a replacement mailed?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I busted a new backbouncer and called sent it in and 2 weeks later I recived a new one.
The best pole I have used. Thanks Lima!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've had 3 Lamiglass rods for about 25 years now - an ultralight spinning rod, an 8 and a half foot spinning rod, and a 5/6 weight fly rod. I bought them all as blanks, and they've all been great rods. The only problem I've had with any of them was when the tip section of my fly rod was broken in a friend's van. I brought it in, expecting the worst. The good folks at Angler's Workshop gave me a new tip section for the rod, and I was on my way within a few minutes. I had to rewrap the rod myself of course, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, and I was fishing with it again the next weekend. That was the only time I ever had a problem with any of my Lamiglass rods, and I couldn't have been happier with the prompt and cheerful service I received. :smile:

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
The number one tip I can offer for getting good warranty or other customer service, is this:

Be honest. Especially with rods, they have seen SO many of them and they can tell, usually, what happened, and how.

I think if you are honest and humble, you will get the best customer service! Lamiglas is awesome from what I've heard. I've never broken a Lami yet, but I'm sure I will!

Jen
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">This speaks volumes Jen!!

Take it from one that has heard too many broken rods stories, and I hear but a fraction of what the factory guys do!

[ 07-01-2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Straydog ]

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
By the way, we have seen a run of eyes popping inserts in rods from several different factories.

There should be no problem getting these rods repaired or replaced as well.

Lamiglas is quality folks selling quality merchandise!

[ 07-01-2003, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Straydog ]

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
Same here as the first post. I just finished the on-line warranty registration for the brand new Esprit HC80 they gave me.

The story: I broke the last 4" off my Esprit one-piece without a salmon in sight. Let's just say it was 'operator error'.

I told them the same last Friday when I stopped by the Woodland factory. I figured since there was no defect, the best I could hope for was maybe a replacement at wholesale.

I was stunned, and I mean stunned, when the customer service dude Josh handed me a brand new HC80 replacement - at no charge! :cheers:

Thanks Lamiglas, your outstanding service won't be forgotten!

·
Registered
218 Posts
If someone has a contact there, they should send this thread to them -- good feedback to let them know that their great service pays off with testimonials like this.

It's word-of-mouth comments exactly like this from fellow fishermen that builds brand loyalty and increases sales. Oh yeah, and justifies the continuation of their warranty program.

My next rod will come from them. Hats off to Lamiglas!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have broken several Lami's in the past, and paid the replacement cost to get them fixed. This year I broke a rod on a fish, sent it back only to recieve a post card saying the break is not covered, and to pay the 42 bucks for a new top half. I still have not heard word of why it is not covered, it was a G1000 rod.

Update:
I called Lamiglas, they have decided to replace the rod for free. The staff was very friendly and I would like to thank them for their service.

Thanks Lamiglas

[ 07-02-2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: outdoor.spec.ops ]

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
I've been a Lamiglssian for over 25 years, own over 15 rods, great rod. Seems this guide insert problem is an epidemic, at least for me. Just the rods with the new style guides. The older Lams guides are bomb proof. My Kenai Special has had three tip guide failures in one year.Instead of two round trips to Woodland think I'll replace them as they fail with Varmex.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
While working for GI Joes last year,I was sent to Lamiglass for a tour and shown several new rods.
While there (the Rod Guru),the guy you see when you have a broken rod gave us a talk.Believe me he knows his stuff.Above all else when you go there DON"T lie to him about how your rod broke.Tell him the truth chances are if you do you will get your rod fixed or replaced.I had one replaced and one fixed I broke the one they fixed
the guides were comeing off and the rod was unraveling ??.I took a buddy up there who had sat on his rod and broke the tip about half way down,I told him to tell the truth and he'd get it fixed he did and they did.The older guy that you deal with really knows his stuff,I think he calls himself the Rod ****, is gruff but is really a straight shooter.
Bob

·
Registered
885 Posts
If the eyes are popping out of the guides, it's because the guides were bent. Instead of being round, they're oval. That happened to my Lami last year so I took it into their shop and they re-wrapped it with a new guide. No charge. Their customer service is the best I've seen.

However, their Rod Master is as gruf as they come. If you go in there with a broken rod, expect a long, loud lecture on what you did wrong, before he hands you a new tip.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have never had a problem with Lamiglass. I have 4 Lamiglass Rods. I fish my steelhead rod heavily. Never a problem. The feel with a Shimano Calcutta and Power Pro line is incredible.

I am sold on Lamiglass. Before this thread and even more now. I will purchase more Lamiglass Rods as I expand my rod collection.

Good Customer Service pays for itself.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I took the initiative and sent a copy of this thread to their general customer service #. Inm sure they will appreciate the feedback.

If anyone knows someone specifically at Lamigals you might want to make their day and send this thread to them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts