IFish Fishing Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Here's THEIR spin,,, notice how the new rods will say " North America," that's just shameful and a deliberate attempt of deception. I'm done with them,,,gregg

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
How much is the fine for advertising "Made in North America" when its actually falling under the Bill Clinton CAFTA rules?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
How much is the fine for advertising "Made in North America" when its actually falling under the Bill Clinton CAFTA rules?
they can make thing easier by labeling it "Made in Planet Earth"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
It broke on a cast for crappie who knows why maybe just a defect not really the issue the lack of concern and response is what's troubling.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
when you give a free replacement and everyone knows you for that.........................they will remember their own bank account later.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've been a lamiglas fan for years.

I was at fishermans about two weeks ago. I was informed they would no longer be carrying their rods due to their unprofessional actions. They were liquidating inventory. I really hate to hear all these issues and hope they can turn it around.

Take note lamiglas we are watching you!

Robert Gilchrist

·
Registered
918 Posts
Wow this is shocking.. Maybe the market can just not support super high end rods any longer.. The cost of replacing damaged rods is too high perhaps? Seems like the Sage Rods model works. If you break a Sage rod you pay a modest fee to have it repaired or replaced, The cost they charge you is enough to probably cover their cost.. Easy Peasy.. But the question is-- will folks continue to doll out $250-$1,000 for high end rods if they have to pay this fee.. I would say absolutely that some will. But will enough.. Sage rods are still made on Bainbridge Island in Wa. But they only make fly rods which command a higher price on the high end. I own many (too many) high end rods. I would argue that there are moderate priced rods that in many cases are very close in performance to the high end options. Most would have a hard time telling the difference in a blind performance test. The main difference is brand name and small finishes.. High end rods are for those folks that just don't mind paying the extra for these small differences even though they are not much better on the performance side. I do believe that the fly rod game is a bit different.. This conversation is similar to cars.. Really there are Fords and Lincolns and Chevy's that are for all intensive purposes just as good as Audi's BMW's and Mercedes' that cost twice or three times the price.. but finishes are better.. You cant drive 100MPH so who really needs high performance in an automobile.. but high end cars are for those who enjoy that. I am not in that category.. Personally I drive an 03 Suburban that has 240K miles on it and I am fine with it.. But I own well over 20 high end rods.. Different strokes for different folks. Anyway- I digress.. It is sad about Lamiglass. I feel Loomis is not the same as they were either-- so no real great options for high end gear rods any longer. At the end of the day, these are businesses and they need to do what is best for their bottom line. Maybe they have done the research.. Or maybe not..

·
Registered
150 Posts
After breaking a rod this morning trolling I was on the hunt for a replacement. After reading this thread and remembering a few previous similar threads I won't be purchasing any Lamiglas products.

I ended up buying two Vance's spiral wrap rods instead.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I got a finesse rod out of Astoria for my wife and it’s really nice. I got tired of the bad lamiglass reviews lately so when the ones I have break I’ll be getting finesse from now on

21 - 34 of 34 Posts