IFish Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lamiglas took my broken rods September 30th 2020, charged my credit card.they told me to wait until around November but now they won't give me my rods. Someone called and said we don't do that any more and that was it. receipt sent to customer service and spoke to multiple people without any resolution. they just go blank on me for a few months then someone pick the issue up again and do the same thing.

They said the have to bring it up to management and then they stop responding.

20+ years of being a loyal customer and the relationship is going down the drain. I probably won't buy another Lamiglas rod again.

I hate Lamiglas.

Trung Bui (I got a message to sign my real name)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
rodger that

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,888 Posts
Almost 21 years later?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Almost 21 years later?????

What does his join date have to do with the issue? Other than in that amount of time he might have learned to sign a complaint on ifish, per AUP.

To the OP, sorry you are getting the runaround from an iconic PNW company.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
What does his join date have to do with the issue? Other than in that amount of time he might have learned to sign a complaint on ifish, per AUP.

Please reread the first sentence - looks like a typo.

·
Registered
tuners, steeltrouts, anything goes
1,456 Posts
There have been a few threads (now all deleted) on this topic. I love my Lamiglas rods, but I also had an experience similar to the original posters.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
someone called my post a "Lamiglas rant" and demanded my real name so I added it above.

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,888 Posts
Lamiglas took my broken rods September 30th 2000, charged my credit card.
This is what I was referring to.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fixed it already. thanks. it was last year

·
Registered
864 Posts
There have been a few threads (now all deleted) on this topic. I love my Lamiglas rods, but I also had an experience similar to the original posters.
Why delete legit issues? Cancel culture? This company moved to old Mexico. Sounds like they abandoned several employees here in the U.S. It sure seems to me that a fishing forum is a good place to bring this out into the light,,,gregg

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Seems like theft if they took your money. Consider filing a small claim?

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
If they moved to Mexico for all manufacturing, I'm no longer a fan boy. sad to see yet another American product outsourced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lamaglas rod's are overpriced and unreliable. Bought one end of last year didn't get to use it until this spring 1st time out 8 inches of tip broke off. Tried to contact Lamaglas email messages no response. $200 is a lot of money for me. Would think that would be worth a response.

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
I haven’t had an issue with one of my Lamiglas rods. Then again, I don’t break rods very often. Something like once a decade. Oops, I probably jinxed myself.

Still, seems like they should refund the money, but if you used a credit card, I’d go that route to get the money back. It still doesn’t take care of the warranty issue though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.