IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything going on there for rainbows or kokes? My nephew and I are going to hit it this week. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The best trout fishing is towards the upper part of the lake but a boat is really required to get there (almost to the dam for Lake Billy Chinook). I had my best luck trolling worms.

D.

·
Registered
673 Posts
That lake has tons of fish browns bows and kokes that get to 3-4lbs or more. Pics on the wall at Simtustus RV, will motivate you, just ask for Homer. Fathers day they have a great parade and Pike Minnow derby that is serious fun. Great for the whole family. Troll the lake and jig the water up near the dam early in the am.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Will e fish,
If you are lookin for Homer, he is at Pelton Park now, not Simtustus RV. He and his wife Cozy are a class act. They will both go out of there way to make it possible for everyone to have a great time at Simtustus!!
P.S. The fishin is great too!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Run up to the dam, just below the log-booms that
run across the lake. You can still fish here, but I always troll from kokanee. Use ford fender flasher, 3-4 foot leader with a frog finished flat fish, two pieces of white corn on the treble hooks, 2 ounces of lead, 30-50 pulls out, depending on the water temp will determine the level the fish will be. Experiment with the depths until you find the fish.
Also, you can fish off the shore right by the campground, just cast white rooster tails, the browns love them!
Good luck!

Chris

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Last year up in the narrows we were trolling a hot pink hot shot (smallest size) no weight or flashers and could not keep the trout off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts