IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had several suggestions to host one or more "ladies only" days. Instead of declaring a trip, I'd like to ask what any interested ladies would like to do. Halibut? Tuna? Salmon? Perhaps a combo? It can be a "try it out" trip for those thinking about the salt, an educational trip on how to fish a species and/or run a boat, or just gals getting together to have fun by themselves--or some combination. Let's hear your ideas!

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I would like to volunteer to be a deck hand that day. Just trying to help.

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
My girls say they want salmon

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
The Misses has a terrible sense of balance, so I am reluctant to put her on a personal fishing boat, jambed with coolers, and short rails....a larger charter might be the ticket.

she has exspressed a few times now she would like to go Tuna and Hali fishing.
We have discussed a charter will most like be the ticket to get it done.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Hi'ya Mark,

If'n ya need/want a female deck hand, I'd be willing to volunteer for duty. :grin: Of course would depend on timing with my work schedule.

Great idea!! :applause:

·
Registered
17,793 Posts
The Misses has a terrible sense of balance, so I am reluctant to put her on a personal fishing boat, jambed with coolers, and short rails....a larger charter might be the ticket.

she has exspressed a few times now she would like to go Tuna and Hali fishing.
We have discussed a charter will most like be the ticket to get it done.
You've not seen Maverick then - no coolers on the very wide deck. Mav, what 10' or is it 12'? Nice high rails and huge in floor fish boxes. My wife has some neck issues that are now subsiding, and I'd only let her ride on two boats Maverick is one of them. Maverick is a large 32' Maxweld Catamaran, and arguably one of the best rides out there comfort/speed wise.

Now Mark is a hoot of a guy, but Nancy I think you had better go along as a chaperon on this one:smirk:

·
Registered
13,240 Posts
I saw the title to this thread and though you were going to post some pics of your day with Fishbait :shrug:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I should'a known. Thuan, Andrew, thanks for the offers. I'm glad I've got friends who are so willing to offer their services when they perceive an opportunity--er, need.....I think Nancy has the job this time. And no, the crew list will not be available, for any price!

Maverick has a 10' beam, and a 10' cockpit, high sides, toe kicks, and rails all around. Tons of unobstructed room. A smooth ride and greatly reduced roll. But, Ted left out a most important feature, especially for this trip. There is a permanently mounted flush head in a large dedicated compartment!:dance::dance: :angel1::angel1: :clap:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I should'a known. Thuan, Andrew, thanks for the offers. I'm glad I've got friends who are so willing to offer their services when they perceive an opportunity--er, need.....I think Nancy has the job this time. And no, the crew list will not be available, for any price!

Maverick has a 10' beam, and a 10' cockpit, high sides, toe kicks, and rails all around. Tons of unobstructed room. A smooth ride and greatly reduced roll. But, Ted left out a most important feature, especially for this trip. There is a permanently mounted flush head in a large dedicated compartment!:dance::dance: :angel1::angel1: :clap:

:bowdown::bowdown::cheers::bearhug::bearhug::dance::applause::flowered::meme::dancingman::angel1::yay::clap:

Will be nice to be on a boat with a real head for a change!! :grin:

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I would pony up to send my wife on a combo trip. Tuna & Haibut

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
I would like to volunteer to be a deck hand that day. Just trying to help.

Give this gal a go. She already has either a pink skirt or a yellow skirt on board her boat. She addmitted it in another post.:grin::wave:

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
You know I'm in! :)

·
Registered
11,461 Posts
Give this gal a go. She already has either a pink skirt or a yellow skirt on board her boat. She addmitted it in another post.:grin::wave:

I'll vouch for you Bernice.:laugh:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I will make sure I stop in at Hoover's and tell all the gals there of your most generous offer. As I remember you would likely pick up rider or two:jester:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Unfortunately since the skirt is Bernie's it is way, way too big for me. I'm currently using it for a boat cover but I'll bring it to the coast this weekend so you can have it back in time for the OTC tournament.

It's already been said but I've fished on Maverick a few times in some pretty snotty weather and it is a very comfortable roomy ride. I thought the swim deck was the only restroom but the stand up head would be nice for the ladies.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I will make sure I stop in at Hoover's and tell all the gals there of your most generous offer. As I remember you would likely pick up rider or two:jester:
Bob,
were you thinking of the Gal that had a great voice and was singing karaoke to Mark and crew?
I think she would want to go for sure:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
11,461 Posts
Now ya don't want me starting on Custom Weld do ya?:sleep::eek:
Go ahead everybody else has.:pp

Sorry about the Hitchhike Maverick, I was actually trying to get you another customer, But from what I hear, there is noo way bernie could ever pass for a Lady, no matter how much makeup or pretty clothes he put's on. :passout:

For those that don't know, & I thought everybody did, Maverick's Boat is as smoothe, & stable a Boat you'll ever ride in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts