IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these really worth the money? Thinking of using them when I need to replace mine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Let me tell you how much I love my LEDs. First of all I had some problems with my old lights. I went through 3 sets and 6 bulbs in 2 months. Right now West Marine had %15 off on all trailor items and they have a $59 set. I got them and put them on....I now have to smile even if the boat is not hooked on (whichn is not very often) I know they are going to work....DJ

·
Registered
236 Posts
I hope I didnt insult anyone listing a store that I dont know is, or is not, a sponcer of this BB.
But it was a great deal on lights

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I believe LED flashlights are going to make the old type flashlights obsolete. They use less amperage, and battery life is much longer with more light produced.

LED lights are doing the same thing for tail lights and runing lights. The old lights will be obsolete in a few years. Probably only see them in a museum.

·
Registered
672 Posts
or on really old trailers ...

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
LED lights are doing the same thing for tail lights and runing lights. The old lights will be obsolete in a few years. Probably only see them in a museum.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">They're already nearly obsolete on big trucks. Just about all of our trucks at work have been converted over to LED. I'd say 3/4 of the trucks going down the road have LED taillights/turn signals. The big $$ guys have LED side markers as well.
One bad thing- they don't get hot enough to melt ice and snow buildup. Not a big deal for a boat trailer, but it can be mighty annoying on a commercial vehicle, not to mention dangerous.

[ 08-08-2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: 1pump ]

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
If they don't get hot enough to melt ice then they would probably fair better with launching your boat in cold water with the trailer lights left plugged in. No burst bulbs. Not to say I would recommend it at current prices. Just better odds in the oops scenario.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Just bought a set at the new sportsmart in Clackamas.

They cost $20 a side (left and right) or $40 for the pair.

Giz...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts