IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most effective way to backrow kwikfish in the river? When I troll them in the bay I like to use a dropper, but I'm not sure if it's necessary for the river. If it's anything like plugs for steelhead, I tie them directly to my mainline and they work fine. I'll be using K14 & 15's.

Thanks for the tips! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I drifted the Wilson once at a bit over 9 feet on the guage. Water was too swift to backbounce, and besides...I noticed salmon swimming through the grass on the shoreline. I opted to mainline some Kwikies and run them down very close to the shoreline..and we hammered.

Mark

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
I put a slider on all my kwikie rods, with about a 10 inch dropper. Then, depending on the conditions, I'll use a one or two ounce weight, a jet diver, or nothing. If the water is less than five feet deep, you don't need anything.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I agree with SH. Different set ups for different conditions. I usually use them just like my Hot Shots straight on to eye when I backbounce. Jet Diver's can also get them down. I let them out like my other plugs at 60'.
SEE YA,
Fire :cheers:

[ 11-24-2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: FIRE IN THE HOLE ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a feeling that a few people fish right over the fish if they do not have any dropper of some type on. I have read that flat lining makes the plug work more true and at the angle it was designed for, but if you float over the top they won't see it. I think it needs to be in there face to **** them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts