IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always purchased the non-rattle type. Not sure why. I just always have. Well I bought a couple of the type with a rattle by accident and was thinking of returning them but thought I would ask all of you kwikfish experts out there a couple of questions first.

Does the rattle really work? Or, does it just scare the fish away? Or, has any body ever really noticed a difference?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
The rattle caught me... Really I think that the more senses that you can sturr the better.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
All of my qwikies rattle and have doen pretty good with them..I would not buy a qwikie that did not rattle.

Z

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I use hotshots for steelhead and my best sucess has been with the ratlling version. I agree that the more you stimulate the fishes senses the more likely you can get a feeding response. I use spinglows while back trolling prawns and it has worked I belive due to the vibrations produced with a prey item.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I don't think they rattle enough. Before moving out here from Florida I used Rattle-Traps extensively (the bass lure) in salt water and fresh and caught several dozen different species of fish (from bass and bluegill to snook, tarpon, grouper, snapper, etc.) - most of which hit it viciously. When you reel in a rattle-trap in an aluminum boat, you can feel and here the rattling through the hull.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I used to think the non-rattle was better here, since we have alot of clearer water conditions. I have and use both, with about equal success. I asked a guide once what he preferred and he just shrugged his shoulders. He said he never noticed any difference. The action was more important than anything else. I fish both as well.
We are a long way from the ocean here, so things may be different for us as compared to other folks.

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
The rattle does scare them. Some times so badly they bite in pure panic :laugh: (Both work, I prefer the rattle)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input every one. I appreciate it very much. I think I'll hang on to them and give them a try.

Chris

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I have to say I have never tried one without the rattle. Let us know if you find one works better then the other.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally like the rattle. Especially in muddy water. Gives me a little confidence. In clear water I tend to try and stay away from it, but who really knows.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally like the rattle. Especially in muddy water. Gives me a little confidence. In clear water I tend to try and stay away from it, but who really knows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts