IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Could someone post a pic of a modified Kwikfish, with just a hook on the tail? I hear you should use chain swivels, how long? What size hook on K13 and K14's? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Up in Canada you cant have more than one hook and I plan on using some kwiks. Thanks :tongue:

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
I aint got a digicam, but that is ok.

Take off the front hook and split ring. Take off the rear hook, but leave the split ring on. Now add a size 5 barrel swivel to the split ring. Now another split ring. Throw away the stock hook and put on a #1 (K-14) or 1/0 Owner or Gammie treble.

There are a couple variations of this. You can take off the rear split ring and pry open the screw eye(take it out of the plug first) and add the bead chain and a split ring then the treble. Or just the split ring and a siwash hook(open eye) but then it you need something to cut the hook off with when it gets dull. With the singles I have seen the guys are running 4/0 with k-14s. 5/0 with k-15 and 6/0 with the 16s.

Word of warning, The kwikies do not dive well without the front hook in place. This hook setup pretty much requires lead or a diver in front of the plug.

Since removing the front hooks, my hookup to landed ratio has gone up a lot. I would be willing to bet that single hooks would land even more than the trebles, but I have done OK on the trebs, so I aint messing a good thing. For now at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts