IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question,I do really well with wrapped Kwik-Fish for springers.Do'es anyone out there use them for fall chinook,I know its a pain to do compared to Alvin's or Clancy's just wondering,I'm going to give it a good try also,I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work ? :shrug:
Bob

[ 08-14-2003, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: dawhunt ]

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Im sure they would work in the right situation. But usually the fall nooks are in the deeper, swifter water and the current is too fast for kwickies, at least where i fish. I use Brads wobblers and do very well.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Kwik fish dont work for fall fish :tongue: :grin:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yah, Quick Fisher is right. Don't even bother to try them for fall fish. Total waste of your time.
:wink:

·
Registered
13,863 Posts
Depends on the current and water temp. Warm water equals metal. The kwikies will work in warm water. But become more effective in less than 60 degree( give or take) temps.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Dawhunt,

I've used K-fish on anchor over in Pacific city and did pretty well, just play the tides like you would do anywhere else.

So, yes they would work.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I tend to catch sturgeon with them in the fall :shrug:

I think Alvins are the way to go for the most part.

·
Registered
17,132 Posts
Bob, ya might try trolling them when the tide is running in. I know several people that took some nice fall fish last year doing that in the Sauvie Island stretch. Once the tide reverses, you anchor and put out the wobblers.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Back troll your Kwiks below Bonneville in the fall. Fish can be had up into October and some fish in November but most are darker by then. We spanked them the last 1hr. of daylight up there with the K13 light fish.

Jfool :cool:

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
They work fine for me up at Hanford Reach. Same fish, same water. Gotta go deep...

Around Camas, I stick with spinners and un wrapped flatfish. Red U-20's have always been good.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I catch 85% of my fall fish on plugs, the rest on spinners or brads

·
Registered
534 Posts
Anchored out of Kalama last year took brother inlaw and nephew stopped at local Woodland sporting goods store and got the the correct ALVINS we went out no hits on Alvins so nephew ties on kwik fish usual hot color char. and bam-
2 kings in a half hour gave him the first one on luck, then on second fish I tied up Alvin.. Nothing for 1/2 hour then he had to go to work. Take it for what its worth, Bob can't wait for S.W. Anglers to start up again.

Shane

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
KWIK FISH......YES THEY WORK. ONE OF MANY FALL CHINOOK I TOOK LAST YEAR WAS A 45LB HAWG. HE DID NOT HAVE ANY TROUBLE HITTIN THE KWIK FISK (K16)IN THE UPPER NEHALEM BAY LAST SEPTEMBER. GIVE IT A TRY.....WORKS FOR ME. GOOD LUCK !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts