IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little over 14 years now as a I-fisher, and was thinking who are these people. I think I know 1 or maybe 2, if we were to cross paths somewhere, id say hi Matt, or Mike. I went to a Chirstmas party once, back when we did that. I bought a few rod's and reels, over the years, even a 38 S&W revolver before background checks were the law. Usually quick transactions at some sporting good store's parking lot, and except for the 38 and maybe a wood cutting trip at a I-fisher's house, never crossed paths again. I know your Avaters better than you, I read your advice, I enjoy your successes but except for a few of you, I have no idea who your are. So my question is how many I--fisher's do you know, talk to on the phone or wave at the boat ramp. I've crossed paths with around 20 but I wouldn't recognize them 1st. I maybe know 2. How many do you know ?
Have fun and be safe Grant.

· Registered
3,280 Posts
Only a couple, because I knew them before I knew they were on here. We had a golf outing a few years back with a few of us, but I'd never recognize those people if I saw them on the street,

· Registered
5,952 Posts
I've met and got to know a lot of ifishers. Some have become very good friends.

Almost all the people I fish with now, are ifishers. I have a few buddies that aren't ifishers, but we've been fishing together before ifish was created.

· Retail & Wholesale Bait, Charter Fishing
1,685 Posts
Tackle Time being a vendor on Ifish for 24 years we have met a bunch of Ifishers when we provide Fresh Point Defiance Herring and Gray's Harbor Anchovy at the Bait Shop in the summer season, and Cases of carded and Vac/Pac Bait in the winter season and of course at our booth at the Salt Water Show in Salem. Thanks Gene

· Registered
2,914 Posts
I got over 20 years on here. I've met a few people on here that I've hunted and fished with a few times, but mostly I've met them through the classifieds. I've bought guns, various event tickets, rods, reels, tackle, decoys, a truck, and even a pellet stove from the famous Pink Boots and BTA. I've sold a few things as well and should probably sell more by looking at my garage and basement. I had an ifisher who was in appliance repair give me extensive directions on a repair I was struggling with. I've also met a few at a Christmas Party or two.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
I met Hunt'nFish in the dark in line at Sauvie Island one morning. Been a few years now.

I know a handful, but mostly because I already knew them before we connected on Ifish. A couple of former classmates have popped up with enough details for me to figure out who they were. One of my patients from the emergency room figured out who I was.

QQ

· Registered
16,784 Posts
In all the years I've been around here I have met people I've done business with, fished with a few, hunted with a few and made new friends with along the way. Mostly though, people I knew before or have been friends with prior........

· Registered
397 Posts
Was a lurker for a very long time - didn't/don't own computers and employer/work did not allow me the opportunity to play along on my work computer.

I do remember the Christmas parties and gatherings - I made up and sent Jenny several sets of etched glasses/beer pitchers as gifts. Bumped into Jen twice over the years back then - once coming off a day on Tillamook Bay when she was just heading out.

Also slipped in on a Duckaholics gathering at the Lucky lab back then too - not a warm reception as a lurker [understandable] but I brought a decoy or two for the kids painting gig at the waterfowl festival. Then ran into Dave/Teton at the Sportsman's show a couple of times.

Probably ran into several others out on the island chasing waterfowl - just didn't know and introducing myself as a lurker, well, lessons learned and all. So kept my mouth shut mostly! :D Since joining have done a couple of transactions and messages thus far. Have taken a number of guides/charters out on the recommendations I've sen here!

· Registered
2,731 Posts
I have met a handful... Maybe 10 that I have become friends with and talk to regularly. Sadly, probably 5 or so more have passed on over the years. Maybe 10.more now days that I know and have met and more than a few occasions.

Just found an unused sticker the other day and remembered when the top post used to be about where someone saw a sticker on a vehicle.... You would get a honk or a wave occasionally with that undeniable round white and green sticker......

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

· Registered
7,073 Posts
Hmmm. I would say I know about 50 by first name, have fished and hunted with at least 20, and would consider 3 close personal friends that I could count on for just about anything.

I go to events and gatherings, I'm not super outgoing, but I am definitely not introverted, and I got over the weirdness of meeting people through the internet 25 years ago.

I even have a few people I have met twice. I introduce myself and they remind me we fished together 17 years ago.

6 weeks ago or so, I shared a duck blind all morning with CKthumper and didn't even know he was on here until I posted up a couple pics and he replied.

· Registered
3,447 Posts
I have met about a dozen and friends with about half through here. I grew up trout fishing with my dad and didn’t have friends who fished. In 2008 I purchased my drift boat then signed up on this site. Most of the people I met were through open seats back then having met a few more over the last couple years as the people I met here and fished with started having kids and getting away from fishing. I had a kid and take him with me most of the time now.

· Registered
4,597 Posts
I have fished with few...and obviously Grant we have met. I wonder same thing that the bimart I frequent to or on boat ramp how many I miss. I try to save number with ifish moniker and real name in my phone

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

· Registered
11,758 Posts
The list is very long of ifishers that range from acquaintances to very close friends. 20 years here has given me a lot of opportunities to make my life better because of the people I met here. The list is pretty long 30+ easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,249 Posts
I think I have met 2 people in person over the years, met one guy who had a booth at the Central Oregon Sportsman show and another to give some salmon Roe to. Also didn't meet in person, but one amazing lady who let me and my daughter use her Blazer tickets one time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts