IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how wide the opening is between the pilings at Knapton rough boat launch on the Columbia?

I looked at it recently and was wondering if my Willie Sled would fit through them. 101" wide....

fop

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would think it would be tough to launch a sled there. We used to launch our 12footer there and go fish up at the mouth of deep river. Most boats that put in there were 16ft or less.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
I have launched my 18' Alumaweld Sea Dory there and a friend launched his 19' Willie sled there. It was tight but we made it through and did not leave any paint.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I was told that launch has been improved some over the winter.....is it true?
It was rough as a cob before, with rebar sticking up and a longer trailer would drag. :shocked: Also which 2 piling do you go between....they all look the same :grin:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The Southwest Wasington Anglers fixed it up pretty good last year,all the rebar was pulled out and gravel was layed down.Then we had a big storm come in and washed things around
we're in the process of getting permits to put in a cement ramp.It is a small area and there isn't hardly any parking there AT ALL !!!.We hope to fix that proplem in the future hopefully with a little help from some other clubs or ???
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts