IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a friend who lives in Goldendale and his 10 year old grandson is visiting from Colorado. He wants him to expierence as many different types of fishing as possible, he has had him in the ocean many times and I have had him in the river in the sled a few times. Now it is time for the drift boat, could someone provide me with some basic information of where to put in at, take out at and what type of water to expect. I just want to know if it will be to rough for the little guy, I have never been on this river and I don't want to place him in any danger. I appreciate all replies and if possible I would also like to know what type of fishable water there is, for example will I need to pull plugs/divers, drift gear, jig and bobber etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Before you get yourself committed to going, you ought to find out if the river is in shape. Though most of July and August, the glacial silt runs the river brown and unfishable. If you want to be sure a river is in, I might look at the Cowlitz or Lewis.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
When the days and nights get cool, and the snowmelt stops coloring up the river......grab your gear and go. Good prospects for summer steelhead as well as chinook.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I drove by it today and it was coming back into shape with this cooler weather. As stated above, the Klick can turn into chocolate milk in no time when a big slab of glacial till falls off Mt. Adams.

But right now, it looks good. I know folks who fish it regularly and claim that if the water is abit off-color they catch more steelhead....

Hope that helps.... Good luck and tight lines... Tim

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
If you are going to float it I recommend from Icehouse to pit. It's a short float bu there is a lot of water to fish. It's also the easiest to row. The Klick is a rocky SOB so be careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts