IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finished up @ Drano last weekend, and moved up the Columbia River 25 miles to the KLickitat River. We didn't catch many coho this week but we found something to keep us busy. :grin:

Bill Stade from Richland Wa. with a 9:00 a.m. limit of URB's...Boy these fish are holdin up great!
These fish were caught in 33' of water on trolled #5 Blue Fox spinners.

With Chrome Up River Brights, an ton of Coho due any day and "B" steelhead to be had.....this is going to get very interesting. :cheers:

I have a few of these Klickitat salmon/steelhead combo trips open.

[ 09-28-2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nice fish Bob!! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Nice fish Bob
sure like reading your reports!
Keep them coming!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Robert;
Were you up in the Klickitat, or outside with the snaggers??? :shrug: Also, do you troll them #5's with some weight. We tried last Wednesday morning but the snaggers wouldn't give up the "honney hole" to us trollers.
I've got my boat finally ready to go, you can't miss it, a huge yellow tuna boat, maybe I can scare them jiggers out when they see me coming!!!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XSive, those fish came outside....the Klick's color is not good, been too warm and only bout a foot of vis. :depressed:

We are trolling either out past or through the jiggers and boats fishing eggs on the bottom.

There were more trollers than jiggers, most of the weekdays last week.

This is now we are riggin our spinners to troll that depth.
Run a 5' 20# leader w/ 30# Fireline mainline and a 18" dropper on a slider w/ 4oz. cannon ball. We're holding rod in hand and working our spinners a foot or two off the bottom, trolling into the current....Hold on tight as they just Crush it !!!! :cheers:

[ 09-29-2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Robert-
Thanks for the info- We've seen rigging like that before, but gave it no look back.
I'm going to change my thinking on that. I tried some bobber/egg up in the Little White Salmon River last night to no avail. :mad: Jumping all around us, it was at least interesting, gotta find the way!!! I just put my IFISH stickers on my boat side window, and one on my truck; this has gotta change my luck! :bowdown:
P.S. nice fish in your foto... :bowdown:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Very nice fish...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts