IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking up buying a high thrust propellor to squeeze a little extra out of the minn kota. I'm guessing a few people here have used them or a comparable product (I'm open to suggestions).

Can you tell any difference between the high thrust and the standard 2 blade minn kota prop?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I may look into one of those. I have a 74lb thrust riptide that does decent,but who couldnt use a little more power? It seems pretty cheep to me for what they say it will do.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking the same thing. What's size boat is your 74 on? I've got a 74 also and I know it's going to be a little small, but the price was right. I figure if this could even give me the equivelant of an extra 10% its well worth the $40.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I have it on a 16x54 willie db. It does pretty ok but a 101 would be ideal. I use it mainly to run back up to the top when sidedrifting and almost never have a problem, its just not speedy. I purchased mine at a great deal from an ifisher or I may have looked into a higher thrust too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one on a 65lb autopilot and have had mixed results. If you use your motor at less than 50% power most of the time for trolling it will probably give you a little more speed without additional drain on your batteries. Resulting in overall better performance. If you use your motor at above 50% you won't see much improvement and you will drain your batteries quicker due to the higher higher pitch of the prop. It is a smoother running prop but don't expect it to work wonders. One side note; if you put one on and then have a problem with your motor make sure you place the stock prop back on before heading to the dealer. Kipawa props do void the warranty of the motor because of the increased amp draw at full power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts