IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Until recently I had never tried kimchi. Someone suggested using it to spice up a baked potato with sour cream. Kimchi gave the potato a little extra crunch and punch. Then I tried it as relish on a hot dog.
This weekend made homemade chicken noodle soup using "Damned Delicious" recipe. Love hot n sour soup so decided to spice things up. Chopped a cup of kimchi, added a bolt of white vinegar, some sugar, and sriracha.
It turned out pretty good.
Would love to hear how others use Kimchi.
Any great Kimchi Recipes????

· Registered
54 Posts
If you don't make your own Kimchi, give it a try. So easy, tastes great. I followed their recipe and cut the chili powder down to 1/4 cup and it is perfect for me.
Winco has the best price for the Napa cabbage
this is the Red Pepper powder I bought at an Asian store. one pound was $9
I like fried eggs over rice in a bowl with Kimchi for breakfast. And just like Eli Manning says: I put that sh- - - on everything.

Attachments

· Registered
16,777 Posts
Not much help here, but I like it just out of the jar. Spent some time in S. Korea chaperoning my daughter's middle school class. We stayed in other student's home while we were there. I got introduced to some very good kimchi while was there......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.