IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Banned
19,962 Posts
This looks like a cross between a regular crab cake recipe and a Crab Imperial recipe from the King's Tavern in Williamsburg in the 1700's. Wife's bday dinner is coming up in a couple weeks, looks perfect.
Really, really close to Kyllo's in Lincoln City. Maybe better, since I had big lumps of crab.

P

· Registered
494 Posts
I know... a few years old for this, but,

My sister in law lives in Alaska and every year they send us some "exotic" type of meat that we cant get in the lower 48. King crab, Caribou..what have you.

So this last year they sent us some king crab. We have tried a number of recipe for crab cakes and was never really satisfied. So Thanks to iFish I tried this recipe. The recipe as it stands is really good. Knowing that the King Crab is already salty, tasted it before hand, I did't add any more salt. I will probably add or delete some spiced depending on the crab that I am using but this one worked great. I will add that I baked them at 450 degrees for 10 minuted then flipped them for another 3-4 minuted. A nice glass of your favorite wine and you are set.

· Registered
441 Posts
Looks really good!

If you want to freeze them, do you cook them first or just mix, form, then freeze?
I just made ~50 crab cakes from 5.5 pounds of lump crab meat that I shelled last weekend. I formed the cakes, but did not cook. I froze them on a couple of cutting boards, then vacuum sealed them, and put them back in the freezer. If you vacuum seal them without freezing first, your cakes will flatten out and run together.

When we’re ready to eat them, I’ll defrost A bag of them for a couple of hours in the fridge and then fry them over the stove.

· Registered
5,277 Posts
Anyone use this with frozen crab? Not as good as fresh, obviously, but still decent?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.