IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat. Sep 15th is the 16 annual fishing day for kids with disabilities. We average 250 to 300 kids from all over OR and Wash. Every thing is furnished including food. We always need lots of volunteers to work with these kids. Coffee and sweets at 9AM and fishing at 10AM. Just show up and have a good time. Please spread the work to any one with disabled kids. Fell free to email me or call for more info. Tillamook Anglers office, 503-842-6519--Cell, 503-812-1572.

ALSO WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CARE TAKER AT THE HATCHERY. We had a great one for the last year, but the wife got very sick and they had to leave. We need a retired couple that likes people, fish and yard work. Free rent and most utilities, no pay. This is right on Netarts Bay.

·
Administrator
119,498 Posts
Bump! It's not too late! Head out there! I think I'm going to! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! What a great day. Sunshine, sunshine,, fish, fish, fish and HUNDREDS OF SMILES!! What a great day at whiskey Creek. We had so many kids show up and we had plenty of fish for all. Oh yea, the food was great also. Thanks to all the volunteers that showed up to help. Thanks to all that donated food. Thanks to all that donated raffle items. I could not begine to tell you how many times I heard these words today,,(thank you for the good time),,. So many new volunteers that said, (boy we will be back next year). Thank you ODFW for the 1200 big rainbow trout. If you have never fished with disabled kids you have not lived. So many of these kids come in with no expression on their face but when they hook a fish look out. I have heard so many care people say ( I have never seen that child smile before today when they hooked that fish).The Tillamook Anglers work hard all year raising 200.000 CH and our reward is this day every year. Hope to see more of you next year at our 17th annual fishing day for kids with disabilities. If any of you know of any kids or homes, that have these kids, please, let us know. We try to keep a list that we can notify each year. We get on average 250 to 300 but could handle double that with our any trouble. Thank you.JD

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That is awsome! I wish I could have been down there to cover that on video : (

Great job on making smiles through the power of fishing

·
Registered
914 Posts
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! What a great day. Sunshine, sunshine,, fish, fish, fish and HUNDREDS OF SMILES!! What a great day at whiskey Creek. We had so many kids show up and we had plenty of fish for all. Oh yea, the food was great also. Thanks to all the volunteers that showed up to help. Thanks to all that donated food. Thanks to all that donated raffle items. I could not begine to tell you how many times I heard these words today,,(thank you for the good time),,. So many new volunteers that said, (boy we will be back next year). Thank you ODFW for the 1200 big rainbow trout. If you have never fished with disabled kids you have not lived. So many of these kids come in with no expression on their face but when they hook a fish look out. I have heard so many care people say ( I have never seen that child smile before today when they hooked that fish).The Tillamook Anglers work hard all year raising 200.000 CH and our reward is this day every year. Hope to see more of you next year at our 17th annual fishing day for kids with disabilities. If any of you know of any kids or homes, that have these kids, please, let us know. We try to keep a list that we can notify each year. We get on average 250 to 300 but could handle double that with our any trouble. Thank you.JD
Thank you Jerry Dove and the Tilly Anglers!

You know we have been trying to make this event the last couple years to volunteer as well as take our special son Jack, unfortunately we're always "too busy", I'm sure most everyone is in that boat to some degree. However I take both our boys fishing all the time in the area and they always have a great time even if we don't get anything followed by ice cream at the cheese factory! If you have ever had the pleasure of helping people with special needs you know the real joy is the reward of seeing the them accomplish something that is easy for the rest of us, if you have experienced this feeling you know what I mean and God Bless.

Thank You Again All

1 - 5 of 5 Posts