IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kasilof kept cranking out fish all week again, I caught 22 this week for about 15 hours of effort.This puts my alaskan total at 90 for the season so far. Next weekend I will be fighting the crowds at clear creek. I decided to take a bit of a break this weekend after fishing for 20 or so days straight. I did go fight the crowds at the russian on saturday. It was dead slow from 6:00 pm until 11. I caught 1 in that time frame an d hooked a couple of more. The one I caught looked like a christmas tree. I pulled 5 flys out of its body (hey it saves on buying tackle). After the last bell sounded for the ferry though, all hell broke loose. I landed 7 in 30 minutes walking out with a nice limit (3) of good fish. Reds just aren't kings though, kind of boring to catch.
Does anyone here have any expirience with a Koffler bay vee? I am looking at a 20 footer and was wondering if anyone had any expirience with one? and what a fair price would be for just the hull and galvinized trailer.
Also do I need to get a 3.2 or 4 megapixel digital camera or will a 2 mega pixel camera take decent enough pictures? paying 15 bucks for processing up here is getting expensive.
Also any Ifishers who are going to be up here and would like to meet up feel free to send me an email.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
The 3.2 or 4.0 Megapixel cameras are better but I have one that is 2.0 and it works great. Are you catching those Russian River Reds with your new fly rod? I used to love to fish uip river from the mouth...get away from the zoo and catfch all the fish you want.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walked the whole river from the falls down twice now, and only saw 3 or 4 fish total with my polarized specs. They are moving at night only and the 1st run has pretty much petered out. I left the fly rod at home this trip, too many people to do it effectively. I did catch about an 8 or 9lb bow on an egg pattern up there as well.
Tag along,
good luck fishing tonight, I'll be back home at the end of aug, we should go chase some summers then.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Good to hear you are having so much fun. Will be there in a few weeks and really looking forward to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts