IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a couple of pictures from my first couple of weeks here. A couple of things I have learned in my fledgling amateur photography attempts.
A 24 roll of film will not take 36 pictures.
Other fisherman aren't good photographers, espicially when they put there finger over the lense.

Here is the one of the kings I caught my first weekend here in homer.

One of the numerous early nates that slammed me on the kasilof.

This little gal is about average for the Anchor river.

This is one of the bigger fish i caught out of the anchor, I figure it to be around 25-30 (it was 42 inches long)

And I would have loved to have a run in with this big old steelie before he spawned, he took my eggs pretty deep so I clipped the line right after this pic, I measured him with a carpentry tape, without holding him down and it was around 39 to 40 inches, my longest steelhead to date.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
wow those are some nice fish
:cheers: ,what line were you using on the second picture

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20lb berkley iron silk hi-viz. It is as strong as maxima with less stretch and less memory. Pretty good overall, I have landed a lot of kings on it. The other rod has 15lb maxima or 14lb gami on it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice pics Ryan,
I was wondering if you were going to post some pics. Job well done, Drop me a line or give me a call when you get back to town.

Later Geoff

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I'll be up in Alaska in the next couple of days. Can't wait.
Them are some nice looking fish you got there!

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geoff,
Coming back on the 20th of August, we'll have to go chase some fish after that. :cheers:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sounds like a plan. In the meen time keep putting the hurt on them up there in Alaska.

Later Geoff

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Man, I miss those days. Back out of my driveway and be in Soldotna in 3 hrs, or Seward in 2.
Oh, well. At least a fellow ifisher is getting the action. Nice feesh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts