IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out to this area lately for gators? I am planning a trip for Saturday and was wondering what baits might be better this time of year, as I do not usually fish this area this late in the year. Any information is appreciated.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
As always smelt is an old stand by, but carry a couple extra baits if you can't get a bite with em. I fished monday with smelt and sandshrimp using each seperatly and even together and no hook ups.
Changed to Roll mop herring and had a take down 10 minutes later for a 45 incher.
Squid, fresh anchovies, eel.
I fished around stella Wa.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I fished the mouth of the Willamette in the punch bowl be carefull of ships and barges, I went through 2 dozen smelt in few hours all shakers but one felt like a log and then gave my hook back. good luck... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I fished for about an hour either side of High Tide Sat and Sun. Downstream of Kelly Point in about 48' of water. Caught a sturgeon for every piece of pickled squid I had with me - all in the 36" to 41" range.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Me and my wife fished kelly sun. got tired of the nursury fish and pushed into the channel, found a new hole started hooking bigger fish instantly. 2 in the mid fiftys and the wife hooked into a oversize and played for about 5 minits until it wraped around some pilings. released both the big keepers; yellow bellies; we could never bring our selves to eat gaters out of there but they shure are fun to catch. we will be back at it this weekend.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I was in that area 2 weeks ago. Didnt get a thing. Used smelt. We did get bit, but they were very light bites. I am heading there this saturday again wiht lighter rods. I will be in a smokercraft osprey. Say hi if you see me

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for the info. Froggy-I am in a Dark Blue RB sled with 150 Merc on the back. Will wave if I see you. ifish sticker on the side Good Luck to you all. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts