IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see the story this morning on Katu by Grant McCome about all the salmon coming back to the Tanner Creek Hatchery? They showed the creek full of fish and explained that these were known as "upper river brights" and the hatchery worker said " yeah, these fish are in great shape and color".

OK- I've only been attending the IFISH school of salmon fishing for a few weeks now but I thought I learned in "URB 101" that Tanner Creek fish are the definition of "TULES". Did I flunk out already or is Grant not an Ifisher yet?

IS IT THURSDAY YET? Jim

·
Registered
22,377 Posts
Up river brights and a few coho and a few tules. Mostly a nook deal there. I take the kids up there every year to see them pack the schute.

·
Banned
1,511 Posts
Ok,

It's time for a little light to be shed here. The Bonneville Hachery raises some urb, a lot of coho, and all tule reproduction has stopped four years ago, however a handfull of stray tules do make it back.
Hope this helps a litle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.