IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see the story this morning on Katu by Grant McCome about all the salmon coming back to the Tanner Creek Hatchery? They showed the creek full of fish and explained that these were known as "upper river brights" and the hatchery worker said " yeah, these fish are in great shape and color".

OK- I've only been attending the IFISH school of salmon fishing for a few weeks now but I thought I learned in "URB 101" that Tanner Creek fish are the definition of "TULES". Did I flunk out already or is Grant not an Ifisher yet?

IS IT THURSDAY YET? Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Tanner creek fish are a split between URB's, Coho and a few Tules mixed in. As of now the creek is jam packed :grin: Biggest thus far 32lb URB and 36lb Tule

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Up river brights and a few coho and a few tules. Mostly a nook deal there. I take the kids up there every year to see them pack the schute.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I went up last night to show my wife the fish. Most were dark with some splotches, and some were bright. Pretty impressive sight!

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
How can they be up river brights if the are going up a tributary in the lower part of the river.
They must be low river Brights.

Hay just asking.

·
Banned
1,511 Posts
Ok,

It's time for a little light to be shed here. The Bonneville Hachery raises some urb, a lot of coho, and all tule reproduction has stopped four years ago, however a handfull of stray tules do make it back.
Hope this helps a litle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts