IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

ZaQ and I came to decision and we had our last springer trip but that was last week so I don't know what happened today cause we were out on the water causing trouble again, Got up at 2:30 am to make the journey to Tillamook, man it kills me to get up that early, this time around we brought the heavy hitter with us (Clown mouth)

All went well cept for this one guy who thought he owned the river since he was on the water at 4:30am, :hoboy: I guess a guy doesn't get respect if he rolls into a hole at 7am, I'm glad the Clown was with us or else that guy would still be crying to us oh well that's water under the bridge. :smile:

We ran into our friend Jim today, He's a local Tillamookian who is just a real nice guy everytime we see him he always has nice things to say, I wish all fishermen can be as pleasant to fish by as Jim. :cool:

OK, now on to the catching.

We had a few take downs but nothing was sticking, Den the monster take down "Where's my Bobber?" ZaQ get the net!! and that was the Hen destine to be eaten, Nice eggs too :dance: I'm glad Marie stocked her vending machine full of shrimp or else we would have been out of luck, Oh ya Marie, your vending Machine didn't except any of our 5 dollar bills only our 1's

All in all it was another slow day but it was great being with good friends and doing the thing we love to do.

Now it's time for one more day of shad and move onto the June Hogs oh I mean Summer Chinook. :rolleyes:

23 pounds of Chrome 6/12/03

We were using our eggs from the last Hen, shrimp & Carrot extract" under a float, and set around 10 feet.

Hey Clown **** !

Bobby

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Hey guys, don't let one butt person spoil your fun. Their are really a lot of nice Jims on the river. --That looked like a Whiskey Creek Spring Chinook. there are a lot more fish still coming into both rivers. Sure hope we get about 1.5 inch. of rain tonight. JD

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Wilson or Trask? If it was the trask The pleasant guy you ran into was probably in a green drift boat and Irate at the whole world he always is.. I call him Mr. Grumpy

Nice fish guys .... good luck in the Big River for Summer's.

Oh bye the way Marie if you read this post let me know how Are friend is doing with the Rod and Reel I sent him. Just wondering if he trikled into any fish yet

Derek Anderson

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Nope, this Mr. Grumpy was in a silver sled with a Mariner motor on the back. I have seen him down there before, he has never really been nice to us. He was quite grumpy today, I think it had to do alot with us not being locals.

Anyhow, we had a great time, and the fishing was scratchy at best. I enjoy fishing with Bobby and the Clown, they are real good people.
If Jim reads this, thanks for being a kind person and restoring my faith in Tillamook fisherman.

Hey Clown, ****!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Once again, Great Job Guys!!! :cheers:

[ 06-12-2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Carp ]

·
Registered
17,225 Posts
Hey, nice fish guys - thanks for posting it.

Props to whomever was doing digicam duty - really like the composition of the shot, nice colors too, congrats! :cheers:

·
Registered
584 Posts
So did you catch it where you took that picture? Nice, nice fish!!! Hopefully the whiner got to watch you catch it, that always shuts them up... or makes them go away...

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Sweet fish, as usual!! Sometimes I really wish I didn't have a job! :wink: :wink:

TR

·
Registered
354 Posts
WOW!!! What a fish. Thanks for the great picture and report, keep it up.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sweet fish!!! Nothing like a fresh coast springer. Let me guess: fish caught in Trask tidewater, picture taken at Mills Bridge? Either way, nice way to end your springer season.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Beautiful picture, nice job with the camera....and the rod for that matter. Great looking bright fish. Did it put up much of a fight? Hope you left a couple in the river for me!

·
Registered
13,985 Posts
I did not know there was a Mills Bridge on the Trask.

Mark and the glad to see ya getting them dog.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
nice fish Bobby! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Flatfish, you are wise in your knowledge of Tillamook bridges. True, there is no Mills Bridge on the Trask, but there sure is one on the Wilson, which would make a convenient spot to take a beautiful picture of a beautiful fish. Not sure about the pink hat though :wink:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Ah yes, the hat. We Carrots like our Lamiglas hats, Bobbers WAS red, but it has so much luck piled into it, that it has faded quite a bit and now appears pink. Mine is green and still holding its color, I am trying to break in a new black one, but it has let me down so far. XTC wears a blue one, and we all know his has been soaking in luck for sometime. 5 Cent can't seem to get anything but a towel to fit his head.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
My vending machine does not accept the NEW 5 dollar bills.

So use 1 dollar bills and quarters.

I noticed the button sticking on the shrimp button.

Just give it a slight pop and it will adjust back to normal.

Don't feed the machine tooooo fast with quarters. It needs time to swallow them up.

Just go slow, if you can...he he he

It should work just fine!

Thanks for asking!

Marie

*Your Favorite BaitLady*

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ZaQ, thanks for the back up on the hat, True it was once red and as muck as I want to buy a new one I can't, just think of all that good fishing mojo it has.

Blackdog, I can't believe you took a shot at my lucky hat....I'll retire it someday. :cool:

Well, we couldn't ask for a finer ending to the Springer year, Thanks everyone.

Bobby

1 - 20 of 24 Posts