IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well BigandBrite and I got up before the crack of dawn today and pointed the 4Runner at the coast with the carrot sled in tow. We hit the Trask tidewater at first light/fog and began working some holes that produce in the Fall. A friend said he had nothing in one of them, and I figured if he can't catch a fish out of a hole I am not even going to try. So after a few non productive spots, Bobber used his USA bobber and found a chrome bright 23 pound king! Everything that people complain to the Carrot Crew about was done to the fish, including taking pictures of it, deciding which neighbor was going to get some, and praying for limits. Well the prayer did not pay off, this was our only fish. Great day with a great friend catching a great fish.

PS It took and entire bottle of Lemon Joy and a half hour of scrubbing to de-pink the boat.

10 feet of water, bobber at 8 feet, 6/0 hook, bobber with an American flag on it. Procure eggs. Go get em!

[ 06-06-2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
nice fish that is a blast fishing the trask w/ bobber and eggs
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Karrots and coastal kings, What a great pair.

Jimmy Schout!!!

Hey Zaq let's not leave out the plug for Marie and her special shrimp oil, That's right folks just add a squirt or two and your in business.

Marie, I hope you don't mind but Zaq and I added a little Carrot extract to your mix, it was lacking a little beta carrotine. :wink:

Zaq, Are we going to slay'em next week? :cool:

Bobby

[ 06-04-2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: big n bright ]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Guess Jimmy Shout came through again :dance: . Nice job boy's after my long hard day at work I painted a wall want to see some pics?????????Chris

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Bobby saaaaweeeet chromer :dance: :dance:

I'm in next week if you guys are going on a Tue or Wed. I got some of the "good" carrot milk today and I am anxious to try it out. :grin: I am going to use it on the gators tomorrow too! :grin: :grin:

How long did you guys give the spinners? I would think that method would have produced :whazzup:

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
What? No power bait?

You guys can't catch my fish down here without Power bait!!!

:smile:

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
nice feeesh... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Jen,

We left the power bait in Shane's truck. He'll slay the Sturgies tomorrow with it.

You should try Marie's shrimp oil with a little Carrot Extract it worked today, although your pogeys wouldn't leave it alone.

Bobby

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Sweet!!!! Nice Job Carrot Men!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
Great job guys. That's a beautiful fish Bobby.

WTG

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
That is a pretty fish, even though it had my name on it, and you stole it.

By the way, and this is for public notice:

ZaQ hugged me at the Swap Meet.

I just wanted y'all to know that he secretly has a crush on me.

:smile:

Jen

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Geez! Don't tell the truth in public!

Now EVERYONE knows!

:blush: :blush: :blush:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey nice fish,
Next time someone hooks a fish by you in tide water remember that it is common courtesy to stand by to pull your anchor when a fish is headed your way and people in that boat are asking you to. Thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts